Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-27-2022, 09:18 AM   #1
CentralTXHunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt & Val Verde Counties
Default Love Companies That Actually Honor a Warranty

I bought a new BAKFlip MX4 for my Ram back in April of 2020. Iíve used them before and probably wonít own a truck without one. I have used their warranty in the past for minor things, rubber bumpers, plastic clips, etc. Itís been easy and no cost to me.

I had a small crack appear between the rubber between the first and second panel about 2 weeks ago. Next thing I know, 10 days later it split all the way across!

No longer water resistant and the only thing connecting that last panel is the gaskets on the sides.

Called BAK Industries this morning. They informed me that that isnít replaceable so theyíre sending me an ENTIRE NEW COVER. All I had to do was provide proof of purchase and three photos of the damage.

In this day in age where it seems most manufacturerís warranty has so many outs they donít cover a dang thing, itís refreshing to know someone still builds a product they stand behind.

What companies have you had a POSITIVE warranty experience?

Letís make it known and support these companies that still stand behind what they make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by CentralTXHunter; 06-27-2022 at 09:20 AM.
CentralTXHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2022, 11:12 AM   #2
JMart76
Six Point

Hunt In: Val Verde Co

Glad to hear of great experiences with warranties. I’ve had a couple the last few months, one was with Rheem. Purchased a new water softener as our old one failed end of last year. Purchased and replaced it last September/October. I noticed water was pooling up around the base but I also know I had a leak at the inlet/outlet pipe. Well I discovered the base of the unit had a crack in April of this year so I tried calling Home Depot to see about a return but got normal run around. Called Rheem and let them know and they offered to send a new basin and pay for replacement service or to send a new unit and I cover install. I opted for a new unit, received it within 10 days as promised no pics necessary.

Second company was Insinkerator for our garbage disposal. Replaced it in 2019 after original in home took a dump on us. The replacement quit working so again I tried through retailer Lowes to see if we had in store warranty, we didn’t. So I went to purchase a new unit and saw they had a 3 yr warranty so I called Insinkerator to inquire about their warranty. They told me the model I purchased only came with a 2 yr warranty but they updated it to 3 yrs 6 months after my model number was released. Then they said since it was within a few months of the change they would honor the new warranty. They sent me a new unit within 10 business days as well.

I’m really impressed as I would have been out several hundred dollars if I would have had to pay for replacements of both appliances.
JMart76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2022, 11:45 AM   #3
Bisch
Pope & Young

My latest great warranty experience was with Vortex binoculars. I had a pair that lost a part. I contacted them to buy the part, and they replaced the entire set of binos under warranty at no cost to me!!!!

And btw, I have an MX4 on my truck and love it. Donít see myself owning a truck without one.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bisch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2022, 07:55 PM   #4
txjustin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fort Bend and Brazoria Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisch View Post
My latest great warranty experience was with Vortex binoculars. I had a pair that lost a part. I contacted them to buy the part, and they replaced the entire set of binos under warranty at no cost to me!!!!

And btw, I have an MX4 on my truck and love it. Donít see myself owning a truck without one.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Costa del Mar. Iíve replaced and/repairs the same glasses more than a few times over the last 10+ years. Nose piece came loose the other day and I made a claim. They emailed me that style is no longer available so pick a new pair.

txjustin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2022, 08:02 PM   #5
Bucknaked
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca , Edwards & Gillespie counties

Leupold- replaced my bino’s with an upgrade!
#6 made me think of more

RCBS
Lyman
Dillon
Redding
Forster

Last edited by Bucknaked; 06-27-2022 at 08:12 PM.
Bucknaked is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2022, 08:07 PM   #6
SmTx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Wells

RCBS
Vortex
Savage
Leupold
Streamlight

Positive experiences with their warranty teams in the past couple years.
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 05:15 AM   #7
Stan R
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Madison and Colorado County

Positive experience in the last month with the below

Caldwell Chronograph

Vedder Holter's/Belts

Both no issues
Stan R is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 07:22 AM   #8
hoythunter02
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady, Texas

Yeti and Pelican. Elusive Wildlife-anything you buy there, zero issues to replace items if defective or stop working.

hoythunter02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 08:10 AM   #9
tdwinklr
Ten Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMart76 View Post
Glad to hear of great experiences with warranties. Iíve had a couple the last few months, one was with Rheem. Purchased a new water softener as our old one failed end of last year. Purchased and replaced it last September/October. I noticed water was pooling up around the base but I also know I had a leak at the inlet/outlet pipe. Well I discovered the base of the unit had a crack in April of this year so I tried calling Home Depot to see about a return but got normal run around. Called Rheem and let them know and they offered to send a new basin and pay for replacement service or to send a new unit and I cover install. I opted for a new unit, received it within 10 days as promised no pics necessary.

Second company was Insinkerator for our garbage disposal. Replaced it in 2019 after original in home took a dump on us. The replacement quit working so again I tried through retailer Lowes to see if we had in store warranty, we didnít. So I went to purchase a new unit and saw they had a 3 yr warranty so I called Insinkerator to inquire about their warranty. They told me the model I purchased only came with a 2 yr warranty but they updated it to 3 yrs 6 months after my model number was released. Then they said since it was within a few months of the change they would honor the new warranty. They sent me a new unit within 10 business days as well.

Iím really impressed as I would have been out several hundred dollars if I would have had to pay for replacements of both appliances.

same here on Rheem. They replaced a water heater a few weeks ago for me that developed a short in the wiring. Told them what happened, gave them the warranty info and they sent me a return number for it, No hassles, just straight-up customer service.
tdwinklr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 09:53 AM   #10
SmTx
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoythunter02 View Post
Yeti and Pelican. Elusive Wildlife-anything you buy there, zero issues to replace items if defective or stop working.

Oh yea. Used Elusive's warranty too
Old 06-28-2022, 10:58 AM   #11
Bucknaked
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca , Edwards & Gillespie counties

Safelite auto glass
Bucknaked is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 11:01 AM   #12
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
Costa del Mar. Iíve replaced and/repairs the same glasses more than a few times over the last 10+ years. Nose piece came loose the other day and I made a claim. They emailed me that style is no longer available so pick a new pair.

This is NOT the experience I've had the last couple times I dealt with Costa. It used to be the case but not anymore. I'm moving on to something else my next pair.
breederbuck33 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 11:04 AM   #13
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
This is NOT the experience I've had the last couple times I dealt with Costa. It used to be the case but not anymore. I'm moving on to something else my next pair.
I moved on to Smith optics. Done with Costa. Oh and Smith didnt charge mecca dime to replace my broken glasses

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Duckologist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 11:24 AM   #14
CentralTXHunter
Ten Point

Quote:

Yeti did me a solid almost 4 years ago. I was in a bad rollover car accident and had 3 yeti coolers in the bed of my truck destroyed. Obviously zero fault to them, but they sent me a Roadie for free and gave me 50% off to use whenever I wanted with no restrictions.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:02 PM   #15
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Costa sent me a brand new pair of sunglasses last week after my frame broke, didn’t even ask me to pay shipping. I didn’t provide proof of purchase or anything. I was very surprised and happy
James is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 12:06 PM   #16
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Add Power Pole to the list

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 12:09 PM   #17
Big_gun
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano

had same experience with bakflip cover on my truck ... solid folks..
Big_gun is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 12:31 PM   #18
hoythunter02
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
Yeti did me a solid almost 4 years ago. I was in a bad rollover car accident and had 3 yeti coolers in the bed of my truck destroyed. Obviously zero fault to them, but they sent me a Roadie for free and gave me 50% off to use whenever I wanted with no restrictions.

**** brother, you walked away from that? You wouldnít think anyone would have survived looking at that pickup.

Very solid gesture by YetiÖ.and God for you surviving that wreck.

hoythunter02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 01:12 PM   #19
Fishndude
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mason, Ellis and Dimmit counties

Good to know on the Bakflip, since I have one. I'll be looking out for that.
Fishndude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 02:02 PM   #20
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
Kinda where I'm at, been a long time supporter but have had more issues with my last several pair than I feel is the norm.
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 02:14 PM   #21
CentralTXHunter
Ten Point

Quote:
**** brother, you walked away from that? You wouldnít think anyone would have survived looking at that pickup.

Very solid gesture by YetiÖ.and God for you surviving that wreck.

For sure God on that one. Walked away. Bumps, bruises, couple of herniated discs, and nerve pain down my right arm. Lots of massage, chiropractic, and physical therapy. Still have the nerve issues from time to time, but super thankful to be on the right side of the lawn.

I donít know how to link posts, but thereís a write up about it. Itís called ďThree Years Ago, TodayĒ

Last edited by CentralTXHunter; 06-28-2022 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 02:24 PM   #22
P.J.
Eight Point

Hunt In: Montgomery Co, Leon Co, Neb.

SKB for Double Bow Case - years ago our wonderful TSA broke the TSA locks that are built into the case’s latches. I guess they were too lazy to find their TSA key to unlock it. Also the edges began to warp. I might be needing it on a trip this year so I called SKB few weeks ago & they said to send pics of the warping & locks. They sent me a return authorization & said they would replace the warped lid or give me a new case. A week later a brand new case showed up. I still had my receipt & the original case was bought in 2007.
Cudos to SKB even if they are based in Cali. LOL
P.J. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 03:07 PM   #23
Grand Passage
Eight Point

Hunt In: Coleman & Atascosa Counties

Vortex
Magnus Broadheads
Yeti
LL Bean

Costa Del Mar - So far, so good. Yes, I know about all the frustrations other have had. but as long as they keep replacing them, Ill keep wearing them.

Danner - Took insoles out of boots and my toddler ran off with and hid one. I called and asked how quickly they could ship a new set to me, and they overnighted a brand new pair to me for completely free.
Grand Passage is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 05:11 PM   #24
eastover53
Six Point

Hunt In: Kansas Mississippi Louisiana

Kershaw knives.
I had broken the tip off of a ten year old knife that had been in my pocket everyday. (actually burned it off jumping a solenoid on a tractor) Sent it back to them with a note saying that I messed it up, and to see what they would charge me for a new blade. They replaced everything but the scales and sent it back to me.
No charge.
eastover53 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 05:22 PM   #25
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastover53 View Post
Kershaw knives.
I had broken the tip off of a ten year old knife that had been in my pocket everyday. (actually burned it off jumping a solenoid on a tractor) Sent it back to them with a note saying that I messed it up, and to see what they would charge me for a new blade. They replaced everything but the scales and sent it back to me.
No charge.
They charge now

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Duckologist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 06:26 PM   #26
RR 314
Pope & Young

Kudos for keeping your receipt for three years! I seem to lose mine 3 minutes after purchase.
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 09:00 PM   #27
CentralTXHunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR 314 View Post
Kudos for keeping your receipt for three years! I seem to lose mine 3 minutes after purchase.

Iíve got an app on my phone called Genius Scan. Iím sure there are others, but I take a photo of my receipts for products with warranties in the app and it converts it to a pdf. Makes it wayyyyy easier on retrieval if I ever need it.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:10 PM   #28
trophyhunter01
Ten Point

Burris has solid warranty service.
trophyhunter01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 09:15 PM   #29
SmTx
Pope & Young

How could I forget my most frequent warranty use. O'Riellys!!
Old 06-28-2022, 09:17 PM   #30
Fishndude
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mason, Ellis and Dimmit counties

Sniper Hog Lights.
Fishndude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2022, 09:34 PM   #31
rvd
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Costa service went thru a rough patch when they changed ownership and Covid hit, my last two experiences with them recently have been like the Costa of old, very positive. That being said my next prescription sunglasses will be Smith, their glass bronze mirror are imo the best sight fishing lenses I’ve looked thru.
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2022, 04:55 PM   #32
CentralTXHunter
Ten Point

Bump this back up.

Got my replacement cover yesterday. Theyíve updated the design too. Itís lighter and they reinforced the channels the release cables go through. Got it swapped out last night.

All I had to do was drill holes in the old one and send them pictures to continue my warranty coverage. Just disposed of the old one at my office dumpster.

Old 07-09-2022, 05:05 PM   #33
piley
Four Point

Try Bajio sunglasses. The guy who started Costa Del Mar sold his company a while back and started this company. Cowboy Exchange, a store in Winnie, sells them and I have liked my pair of sunglasses so far.
piley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2022, 05:20 PM   #34
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County

Great list going here.

I've got a 77 quart Lifetime cooler on the way/ in the mail after providing pictures of the lid beginning to warp on the one I own.
Didn't even ask me to destroy it.

Bison coolers replaced a soft cooler once due to the one I had leaking, I gave up after the second one's zipper broke.

B & W hitch replaced the lower section of my 5th wheel hitch after cracks appeared. - They shipped out a new one after I provided picks of mine cut in 1/2.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top