Winning Pool Types?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winning Pool Types?

Probably will have an in ground pool by next summer but was looking for info on the different kinds. What’s the positives and negatives with cement, fiberglass and vinyl pools?
    Build will Be on a budget, nothing fancy no waterfalls, rock walls or hot tub just a plain Jane pool.

Winning Pool Types?

Plaster pool will last longest and will have most resale appeal if you ever decide to move.

However I think a pretty unique, somewhat affordable and pretty cool idea is Ecopool.
    They are manufacturing these pools in Roundrock or Georgetown
    They’re pools made from connex boxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sparkles; 06-24-2022, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I just did a quick view of that eco pool online interesting.

Comment

Don't go the liner route. My I laws went that route and they had to have it replaced every 5-6 yrs or sooner being in SE Texas with hurricane season.

Comment

The title for this thread isn’t supposed to be “winning” should be “swimming” but I think y’all got the point lol.
          Don’t know how to edit the title...

Comment

Just checked out eco pools…I guess eco doesn’t stand for economic

Comment

Not really a pool person, didn't grow up owning one amd don't want one. But if my wife made me, I would fight like hell for a natural pond pool.

It seems expensive, but the YouTube video I saw was pretty sweet. If I remember correctly, the filtration is down naturally. You could even have fish in there if you wanted. I will try to find the video I saw.

Found it... a man can dream!

Comment

I apologize. I'm no help on this. The best pool is the one my neighbors have.

Comment

We have been looking into Pila pools for a while, cool concept but not much cheaper than traditional.

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                    Just checked out eco pools…I guess eco doesn’t stand for economic

Compared to a pool build they do, at least in this area

Comment

Get a chiller installed! You will thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                        Plaster pool will last longest and will have most resale appeal if you ever decide to move.

However I think a pretty unique, somewhat affordable and pretty cool idea is Ecopool.
                        They are manufacturing these pools in Roundrock or Georgetown
                        They’re pools made from connex boxes

I agree. Those pools have a very cool concept. Who would of ever thought conex boxes would be a pool.

Comment

Eco pools looked expensive 6-12k to install 20-65k for the container, shipping, then you have to concrete around it or put flagstone. You’re at almost 90k for the 16x40 and it’s 4 feet deep and rectangular.

Comment

I wanted a pool bad but due to some underground gas lines I couldn’t do an in ground. I bought a nice above ground and built a nice deck around half of it for $8500 total including all equipment. I have had it for 5 years and besides the salt chlorinater thingy it has been pretty low maintenance…it gets hotter than an in ground but I have a fountain I run at night and my pool is only a few degrees warmer than my neighbors in ground. If you are trying for budget friendly I would seriously consider above ground.

Comment

Don't build a square pool.
                              Don't have a shallow 4-6 inch depth for sunbathing
                              Polaris cleaner won't clean the corners or the sunbathing deck.

Comment

Working...
                              X