Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2022, 06:07 PM   #51
dosrobles
Eight Point
 
dosrobles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Near Austin
Hunt In: Bertram
Default

You have any equity in your home? I know it sounds crazy but if
You can sign a loan with out her it might help given the crazy Realestate market. I hate what you’re going through. I’m sure there are some guys here that would be glad to “cry in a beer” with you if it would help. I would, but I’m not gonna be much help
dosrobles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2022, 06:23 PM   #52
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deja vu

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2022, 07:05 PM   #53
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

To answer all the above :
Obviously not going to do anything stupid if I can help it that would help them and hurt me in the long run.

I have documented everything, restraining orders against the family, whole 9 yards. None of that matters.

I basically punted her the house both vehicles, her dad had cosigned for us, IRS has a lien on it. I washed it away. Kids and me rent now. Started over at negative.


She's got a team of lawyers and people working for her. I'm constantly being harrassed by them and her family. Can't do anything about it.

Life ain't fair and the world ain't flat. **** happens.

I just keep hoping a dump truck load of karma delivers justice at some point.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2022, 08:41 PM   #54
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!
Default

Hang in there, my friend! I found out from experience that half of an "unfriendly" divorce can be head games, and trying to undermine the opposing side. Keep the focus, love the kids, and keep God first in your life no matter the outcome. You will get through this. Good judges see all kinds of people, for what they are. And can pretty much tell you generally how it's going to turn out later. Good experienced attorneys have keen eyesight, too.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2022, 10:14 AM   #55
Juddster
Six Point
 
Juddster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Anahuac
Default

Just something that you may remember on 20 years, when i hired my divorce lawyer, i told him i wanted it to be fair for everyone, i just wanted out. He laughed and said, “fair is a 4 letter F word when it comes to divorces”. It’s unfortunate but i think he’s right. No one fights fair in a divorce.

Keep the faith man!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Juddster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2022, 08:19 AM   #56
az2tx
Pope & Young
 
az2tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boerne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
Fighting smarter equates too having more $ to spend than the other person.
No it doesn't, it equates to being smarter than the other persons and her attorney
I've been there, and done that
az2tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2022, 08:30 AM   #57
CoolHandLuke
Pope & Young
 
CoolHandLuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Del Rio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
To answer all the above :
Obviously not going to do anything stupid if I can help it that would help them and hurt me in the long run.

I have documented everything, restraining orders against the family, whole 9 yards. None of that matters.

I basically punted her the house both vehicles, her dad had cosigned for us, IRS has a lien on it. I washed it away. Kids and me rent now. Started over at negative.


She's got a team of lawyers and people working for her. I'm constantly being harrassed by them and her family. Can't do anything about it.

Life ain't fair and the world ain't flat. **** happens.

I just keep hoping a dump truck load of karma delivers justice at some point.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Can you give examples of how they are harassing you?
CoolHandLuke is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2022, 09:09 AM   #58
SabineHunter
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
To answer all the above :
Obviously not going to do anything stupid if I can help it that would help them and hurt me in the long run.

I have documented everything, restraining orders against the family, whole 9 yards. None of that matters.

I basically punted her the house both vehicles, her dad had cosigned for us, IRS has a lien on it. I washed it away. Kids and me rent now. Started over at negative.


She's got a team of lawyers and people working for her. I'm constantly being harrassed by them and her family. Can't do anything about it.

Life ain't fair and the world ain't flat. **** happens.

I just keep hoping a dump truck load of karma delivers justice at some point.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Flex, hi. You are obviously in a tough spot and have been for some time, some would say an unwinnable spot. Your wife will outspend you, outlawyer you, and as you said, the system is loaded with crooked lawyers who have no morals. You have lost most of your wealth because of this wicked woman and if things go like they usually go in these type of cases, you will lose custody of your kids to this crappy system that is tilted against men. For every one man that says he beat the system, there are 1000 that get ripped off.
If you continue down this path, do you really see a different result? Probably not. What I suggested earlier was for you to think outside the box, to come up with alternate ways that are unique to your situation, ways that won't jeopardize what you have left, such as your kids and your teaching job. If you go back to my post I never advocated for you to do stupid stuff, just make her think you are capable of doing some stupid stuff. Big difference. Making an illusion is an important part of this type of BS. It worked for me when I was in a very similar situation. Ex hired the daughter of a county judge and wanted everything but I came out better than expected. Good luck
SabineHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2022, 09:12 AM   #59
JHT
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
To answer all the above :
Obviously not going to do anything stupid if I can help it that would help them and hurt me in the long run.

I have documented everything, restraining orders against the family, whole 9 yards. None of that matters.

I basically punted her the house both vehicles, her dad had cosigned for us, IRS has a lien on it. I washed it away. Kids and me rent now. Started over at negative.


She's got a team of lawyers and people working for her. I'm constantly being harrassed by them and her family. Can't do anything about it.

Life ain't fair and the world ain't flat. **** happens.

I just keep hoping a dump truck load of karma delivers justice at some point.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Take the advice mentioned above and think about how you are handling this.

You seem to be all over the place mentally and this is 100% understandable since a few of us have been there.

How far along is the custody case today?
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2022, 09:15 AM   #60
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Take the advice mentioned above and think about how you are handling this.



You seem to be all over the place mentally and this is 100% understandable since a few of us have been there.



How far along is the custody case today?
Still just under temp orders, with primary custody. Her side refuses to agree, sign or do anything, just keep dragging it out and trying to make things as difficult as possible.

Not really all over the place mentally, just focus on taking care of my kids the best I can and trying to get this behind me. But looks like that may never happen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2022, 09:24 AM   #61
stevieray54
Ten Point
 
stevieray54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: League City
Hunt In: Where ever
Default

As long as you have the kiddos, I just sit back and let your funds build up and keep track of every expense. Why don’t they want to settle.
stevieray54 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2022, 09:37 AM   #62
JHT
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
Still just under temp orders, with primary custody. Her side refuses to agree, sign or do anything, just keep dragging it out and trying to make things as difficult as possible.

Not really all over the place mentally, just focus on taking care of my kids the best I can and trying to get this behind me. But looks like that may never happen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Your good, just let it play out in the courts.
What she get arrested for?

Something that rarely gets mentioned about divorce is you can't divorce the family as well. You have children. Every graduation, play, sport, birthdays and holidays your going to have to deal with all of them in one way or another.

It's not over after the courts say its over. The first year is the worst dealing with the new norm that is your life. From the sound of it yall might go two or three years. You will look back one day and see what a waste of time that was.

How many kids/how old are they?
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2022, 09:43 AM   #63
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Your good, just let it play out in the courts.

What she get arrested for?



Something that rarely gets mentioned about divorce is you can't divorce the family as well. You have children. Every graduation, play, sport, birthdays and holidays your going to have to deal with all of them in one way or another.



It's not over after the courts say its over. The first year is the worst dealing with the new norm that is your life. From the sound of it yall might go two or three years. You will look back one day and see what a waste of time that was.



How many kids/how old are they?
I've got 3. 8-5-2.

She did some things that if anybody else did she'd be under the jail. But money in small towns it's getting slowly swept away.

Had I done it I'd probably never be allowed to see my kids again, and nobody would have a problem with it.

Example 1- one of her team of lawyers, main one on the divorce case, also has represented the judge in the most recent 3 of his 5 divorces. But nobody has any issues with this being a conflict.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2022, 09:48 AM   #64
JHT
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
I've got 3. 8-5-2.

She did some things that if anybody else did she'd be under the jail. But money in small towns it's getting slowly swept away.

Had I done it I'd probably never be allowed to see my kids again, and nobody would have a problem with it.

Example 1- one of her team of lawyers, main one on the divorce case, also has represented the judge in the most recent 3 of his 5 divorces. But nobody has any issues with this being a conflict.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
The system has the cards stacked against us already, your getting it worse with the hometown cooking added in. Feeling it for ya bud.

What do you do for work? Do you have friends & family very close to help you out with the kids?
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2022, 09:51 AM   #65
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
The system has the cards stacked against us already, your getting it worse with the hometown cooking added in. Feeling it for ya bud.



What do you do for work? Do you have friends & family very close to help you out with the kids?
I'm a teacher, kids at school with me. Rock and a hard place because I can't move to make more $.

Turned down an offer back home in LA that would have been close to 6 figures because I am not allowed to move.

At this point open to a change in order to make $. But don't really know what I could do at this point and still be able to take care of the kids all the time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2022, 10:03 AM   #66
mpotts
Ten Point
 
mpotts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: texas
Hunt In: Lometa Tx
Default

Hang in there Flex. Prayers for you and the Kiddos
mpotts is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2022, 10:31 AM   #67
JHT
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
I'm a teacher, kids at school with me. Rock and a hard place because I can't move to make more $.

Turned down an offer back home in LA that would have been close to 6 figures because I am not allowed to move.

At this point open to a change in order to make $. But don't really know what I could do at this point and still be able to take care of the kids all the time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
My three were all in elementary school when we detonated the marriage.
My ex is a teacher as well.

She would have been fired in the first year for absences when the kids nurse calls saying X is sick come ASAP. Im sure at first I sent some vulgar txts saying how much of a *********X im going to the school now.
Add in inservices, HOSA weekends & everything else.

You can't be there for everything and it only gets worse as they get older & all have different activities.

If you don't have a family member thats on call 24-7 who are you going to call?

Say you blow out a knee, car wreck. Out a few weeks. Got somebody to move in with you to take care of the kids?

What happens when the kids get invited by their family members on one of your custody weekends. Are you tell them they can't go?

You tried to fix crazy at some point and your here now. Your never going to fix it now. You manage crazy now for your kids. Be the sane one from here on out. Your kids will figure it out and thats whats important for their long run well being but you can't see tomorrow being any better than today right now.

They will thank you for it one day. And it will make all this mess your going through worth it.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 06:06 PM   #68
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Well. 2 years down. No updates. Nothing to lose at this point. Local media won't touch it. I'm not allowed to speak out because they will say I'm defaming or whatever.

Really figured there'd be somebody on TBH or a connect I may make that would have the juevos to take this on and finish it.
Everyone is scared to do the right thing because of money.

In the meantime Ex has plead guilty, and been convicted of something horrible. She walks. I'd be buried, never able to see my kids again, and nobody would care if the shoe was on my foot.

In the meantime I'm working multiple jobs during my "summer" break, dealing with all this. And trying to keep my kids sheltered from realizing just how F'd up the situation is.

Pretty much zero hope left at this point that it ever changes. But figured, heck can't hurt to try and bump this again and maybe a fresh set of eyes see it or some fresh prayers or something can help.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 07:13 PM   #69
Burnadell
Pope & Young
 
Burnadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: White Oak
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

Nothing that I can do or say to help, brother, but my prayers are with you. Keep taking the high road!
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 07:31 PM   #70
Greenheadless
Pope & Young
 
Greenheadless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Hunt In: Liberty County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
I'm not allowed to speak out because they will say I'm defaming or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Not sure how this could be the case if she was judged by a jury in a public criminal court and found guilty of a charge? Maybe I don’t know the whole situation though.

I wish I had something that would help. All I can say is I applaud what you are doing for us sake of your children. You are an example of integrity and I bet they remember all you have done for them when they get to the age to understand completely.
Greenheadless is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 07:35 PM   #71
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

I guess she is in jail?
oktx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 07:37 PM   #72
txhunt7
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Default

First of all, prayers as about 90% of the lawyers are disgusting d i c c suckers who profit on broken family.
I had a similar situation yearssss ago. Wife was a criminal and the reason we split. Killed me losing my daughter.
Nothing I could do, system rotten to the core in Victoria county at the time. Was a couple of decent lawyers around but not when I needed them.
I was completely in the right but it didn't matter.
Whatever you do, always keep the chin up and do the right thing. When its over you want to be the good guy and not lose your soul. Always be able to look back and say you did the right thing.
They'll eventually pay the piper.
I moved on, remarried, and had a good life with no complaints.
I suppose your in the running for custody and that's about the only reason to stay in the fight, otherwise I'd run far and fast.
Prayers for ya
txhunt7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 07:44 PM   #73
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
Not sure how this could be the case if she was judged by a jury in a public criminal court and found guilty of a charge? Maybe I don’t know the whole situation though.



I wish I had something that would help. All I can say is I applaud what you are doing for us sake of your children. You are an example of integrity and I bet they remember all you have done for them when they get to the age to understand completely.
Short version - Judge has stated that he will not look at her criminal record because that is an "unrelated" manner. This is a civil case Trying to move to a new court. But he won't allow it. Major conflict of interest between who she's hired and the judge, etc, but doesn't matter if the judge says it does not matter. I can possibly try to move to a new county now but need a lawyer to do it and it will cost $$$.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 07:45 PM   #74
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
I guess she is in jail?
Nope. $- $- $ have parents hand out enough $ and you too can live the American dream of not being held accountable for your actions.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 07:47 PM   #75
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunt7 View Post
First of all, prayers as about 90% of the lawyers are disgusting d i c c suckers who profit on broken family.
I had a similar situation yearssss ago. Wife was a criminal and the reason we split. Killed me losing my daughter.
Nothing I could do, system rotten to the core in Victoria county at the time. Was a couple of decent lawyers around but not when I needed them.
I was completely in the right but it didn't matter.
Whatever you do, always keep the chin up and do the right thing. When its over you want to be the good guy and not lose your soul. Always be able to look back and say you did the right thing.
They'll eventually pay the piper.
I moved on, remarried, and had a good life with no complaints.
I suppose your in the running for custody and that's about the only reason to stay in the fight, otherwise I'd run far and fast.
Prayers for ya
Thanks! I just keep hoping I stumble into one of the few lawyers that's not a complete soulless money sucking vampire.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 07:56 PM   #76
Greenheadless
Pope & Young
 
Greenheadless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Hunt In: Liberty County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex
In the meantime Ex has plead guilty, and been convicted of something horrible. She walks. I'd be buried, never able to see my kids again, and nobody would care if the shoe was on my foot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
“Guilty” is a criminal pleading, was she charged with a crime. Or is it a civil case? If civil, has it been settled?
Greenheadless is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 08:47 PM   #77
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Nothing that I can do or say to help, brother, but my prayers are with you. Keep taking the high road!

This! Keep doing right by the kiddos and before long theyll be old enough to see what’s going on. Hang in there bud!
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 08:49 PM   #78
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
“Guilty” is a criminal pleading, was she charged with a crime. Or is it a civil case? If civil, has it been settled?
The criminal case- is the reason for the pending divorce, me that should be having full custody, and her that should be in jail.

The civil case- is me fighting for 100% custody, and the ability for my kids and me to move on with our lives, and get a fresh start, or at least force her to financially contribute in some way.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 09:19 PM   #79
Greenheadless
Pope & Young
 
Greenheadless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Hunt In: Liberty County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
The criminal case- is the reason for the pending divorce, me that should be having full custody, and her that should be in jail.

The civil case- is me fighting for 100% custody, and the ability for my kids and me to move on with our lives, and get a fresh start, or at least force her to financially contribute in some way.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Gotcha. Was she convicted in the criminal case? That is public record, so not sure how that could be viewed as defamation?

I could see how you might want to wait on commenting until the civil is settled though.
Greenheadless is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 09:53 PM   #80
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
Gotcha. Was she convicted in the criminal case? That is public record, so not sure how that could be viewed as defamation?



I could see how you might want to wait on commenting until the civil is settled though.
Basically just been told- I personally can not go to the media, etc, because they will come after me.

Yes, she was.
It is public. The media didn't touch it besides one local paper with a snippet. Friends of friends have tried and been told no fly zone too much $ we won't touch it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 04:57 AM   #81
Hogmauler
Pope & Young
 
Hogmauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Katy
Hunt In: Kerrville
Default

Brother, you woke up this morning. You have hope. Keep doing what your doing. Pray brother. Ask, seek, and knock. Keep asking, seeking, and knocking. God is in this trial with you. “Without faith it’s impossible to please God”. Keep going, there is and end in sight.
I don’t write these things lightly. My sons brain was injured when he was two. He’s twenty seven now. There’s times I’m exhausted, mad, frustrated, sad, and confused. But, I’m still in the fight! I still ask, seek, and pound on His door. I don’t understand the reason what this happened to our only child but there’s no way I’m gonna get outta line for my miracle!
Stay in line! Stay in the Fight! Pray unceasingly! He will get y’all through this.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 06:08 AM   #82
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bend TX
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
Well. 2 years down. No updates. Nothing to lose at this point. Local media won't touch it. I'm not allowed to speak out because they will say I'm defaming or whatever.

Really figured there'd be somebody on TBH or a connect I may make that would have the juevos to take this on and finish it.
Everyone is scared to do the right thing because of money.

In the meantime Ex has plead guilty, and been convicted of something horrible. She walks. I'd be buried, never able to see my kids again, and nobody would care if the shoe was on my foot.

In the meantime I'm working multiple jobs during my "summer" break, dealing with all this. And trying to keep my kids sheltered from realizing just how F'd up the situation is.

Pretty much zero hope left at this point that it ever changes. But figured, heck can't hurt to try and bump this again and maybe a fresh set of eyes see it or some fresh prayers or something can help.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Can you sum up what's taking place as of now? Is she getting a court date to try and take kids back? What are they doing to you exactly? I assume she's not paying child support or any money but other than money what are they doing?
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 06:31 AM   #83
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Can you sum up what's taking place as of now? Is she getting a court date to try and take kids back? What are they doing to you exactly? I assume she's not paying child support or any money but other than money what are they doing?
Yep- biggest is I'm not from here, not a big deal, but they got me locked where I can not move- so don't make enough to be comfortable here, can't move to somewhere else where that would be possible.

I pay 100% of everything for the kids, bills, health insurance, etc. She does not have to contribute in any way, but now gets to see kids.

After almost 2 years of me having them full time, and the kid's doing great. She's now gotten back almost 50/50. But it's basically she dumps kids on her parents as soon as she picks them up. Where as - I take care of my kids.

All the while her family just keeps spending money and doing little stuff trying to harass me.

Tons more garbage. But that's the short version.

I just want to have the right to do what's best for my kids and get away from the psycho.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 07:18 AM   #84
RWB
Ten Point
 
RWB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
Yep- biggest is I'm not from here, not a big deal, but they got me locked where I can not move- so don't make enough to be comfortable here, can't move to somewhere else where that would be possible.

I pay 100% of everything for the kids, bills, health insurance, etc. She does not have to contribute in any way, but now gets to see kids.

After almost 2 years of me having them full time, and the kid's doing great. She's now gotten back almost 50/50. But it's basically she dumps kids on her parents as soon as she picks them up. Where as - I take care of my kids.

All the while her family just keeps spending money and doing little stuff trying to harass me.

Tons more garbage. But that's the short version.

I just want to have the right to do what's best for my kids and get away from the psycho.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Speaking from experience once you have kids with them you will never get away from them. I know it's expensive but you need good legal representation if not you are going to loose a little more from now on. Sounds like you may have missed your window to get things in your favor already.
RWB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 08:54 AM   #85
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Liberty Hill
Hunt In: Florence, Doss, Fredericksburg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
Basically just been told- I personally can not go to the media, etc, because they will come after me.

Yes, she was.
It is public. The media didn't touch it besides one local paper with a snippet. Friends of friends have tried and been told no fly zone too much $ we won't touch it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Curious as to who told you that you cannot personally go to the media. Judge, her family, her, etc? Seems kind of strange that someone can tell you who you can and cannot speak to, without some kind of gag order in place. And if it is a criminal case, that is public record, correct? I wonder what would happen if her name "got out"? It is not defamation if what someone says is the truth, no matter what a judge would say. I mean, he cant just change the law, can he? Is this family that powerful?

I mean, who is this family and what do they have on people, that the media will not touch them. Usually, the media will go after anyone. Does your ex's family have that much power simply because they are rich?

It just seems that there has to be more that can be done to help you and the kids? Surely, this family cannot have that much pull simply because of money. Just WOW. Prayers up and if there is anything we can do to help, please reach out. Stuff like this just really bothers the hell out of me and I hope you get some closure and people pull their heads out of their asses and see that you are doing the right thing.

Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 06-23-2022 at 08:56 AM.
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 09:12 AM   #86
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
Curious as to who told you that you cannot personally go to the media. Judge, her family, her, etc? Seems kind of strange that someone can tell you who you can and cannot speak to, without some kind of gag order in place. And if it is a criminal case, that is public record, correct? I wonder what would happen if her name "got out"? It is not defamation if what someone says is the truth, no matter what a judge would say. I mean, he cant just change the law, can he? Is this family that powerful?

I mean, who is this family and what do they have on people, that the media will not touch them. Usually, the media will go after anyone. Does your ex's family have that much power simply because they are rich?

It just seems that there has to be more that can be done to help you and the kids? Surely, this family cannot have that much pull simply because of money. Just WOW. Prayers up and if there is anything we can do to help, please reach out. Stuff like this just really bothers the hell out of me and I hope you get some closure and people pull their heads out of their asses and see that you are doing the right thing.
Basically if I spoke out and did anything like that- talk to media, etc. They would lump it under I'm making disparaging remarks about her and send the wolves after me for it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 09:14 AM   #87
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWB View Post
Speaking from experience once you have kids with them you will never get away from them. I know it's expensive but you need good legal representation if not you are going to loose a little more from now on. Sounds like you may have missed your window to get things in your favor already.
Yep. First lawyer I had did nothing but take money, missed my window big time by listening to a lawyer.

And yes, they have that type of money.

I'm aware I can never get away completely. But I'm never going to stomach that me and my kids having to suffer and live in poverty their entire childhood when we did nothing wrong besides be attached to an insane person.


Once again, this thread isn't me complaining. Just little glimmer of hope I hold onto that maybe I encounter somebody that can help the right things happen.

I'm exhausted on it, no more resources. The most insane thing is our system and how broken it is.

If I had a few hundred k to spend this would be a non issue and my kids and I would be on our way and fine. But since i don't the system does not work.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Flex; 06-23-2022 at 10:05 AM.
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 09:16 AM   #88
DUKFVR
Pope & Young
 
DUKFVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sorry Azz Houston & Young County
Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!
Default

Prayers for you. You are a really good guy for doing this for your kids, Hopefully the karen gets hit by lightning or such.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 09:32 AM   #89
Dugie
Ten Point
 
Dugie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Ireland, TX
Default

I would do some reading and maybe the Texas Bar Assoc and/or the Texas Atty Gen office could help you if you think you have a judge/attorney with a conflict of interest.

Not sure it would help but a little research and a few calls wouldn't hurt.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I'll be praying for you to find a solution.

I can tell you without a doubt that keeping it right with your kids is the biggest priority and they'll be grown a lot longer than they'll be kids, and they'll recognize crazy for themselves soon enough.
Dugie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 09:45 AM   #90
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Flex this sucks just keep doing what you're doing i can promise you that it will turn out good.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 10:03 AM   #91
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugie View Post
I would do some reading and maybe the Texas Bar Assoc and/or the Texas Atty Gen office could help you if you think you have a judge/attorney with a conflict of interest.

Not sure it would help but a little research and a few calls wouldn't hurt.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I'll be praying for you to find a solution.

I can tell you without a doubt that keeping it right with your kids is the biggest priority and they'll be grown a lot longer than they'll be kids, and they'll recognize crazy for themselves soon enough.
Tried to go down that road. I do not have the level of funds or time to take on these attorneys and they would own me if I tried.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 10:32 AM   #92
A&M 90
Ten Point
 
A&M 90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
I've got 3. 8-5-2.

She did some things that if anybody else did she'd be under the jail. But money in small towns it's getting slowly swept away.

Had I done it I'd probably never be allowed to see my kids again, and nobody would have a problem with it.

Example 1- one of her team of lawyers, main one on the divorce case, also has represented the judge in the most recent 3 of his 5 divorces. But nobody has any issues with this being a conflict.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
Short version - Judge has stated that he will not look at her criminal record because that is an "unrelated" manner. This is a civil case Trying to move to a new court. But he won't allow it. Major conflict of interest between who she's hired and the judge, etc, but doesn't matter if the judge says it does not matter. I can possibly try to move to a new county now but need a lawyer to do it and it will cost $$$.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugie View Post
I would do some reading and maybe the Texas Bar Assoc and/or the Texas Atty Gen office could help you if you think you have a judge/attorney with a conflict of interest.

Not sure it would help but a little research and a few calls wouldn't hurt.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I'll be praying for you to find a solution.

I can tell you without a doubt that keeping it right with your kids is the biggest priority and they'll be grown a lot longer than they'll be kids, and they'll recognize crazy for themselves soon enough.
I don't have any specific advice and don't know family law well and don't know the details of your situation, so take the following for the 2 cents or less that it's worth.

If the Judge's rulings are demonstrating a clear pattern of favoritism towards your ex-wife or a bias against you, perhaps you should consult with an attorney about the wisdom of filing a motion to have the Judge recused/removed from the case. Please be aware that recusal motions are rarely filed and rarely granted. However, if you are already at complete odds with the Judge and his/her rulings are contrary to evidence and the best interests of your children and furthermore there seems to be no relief in sight, filing a motion to recuse will at least signal to the Judge that you believe he/she is not being fair and impartial and you intend to document and draw attention to the perceived conflict of interest/appearance of impropriety and the disparate treatment you are receiving.

Just know going in that seeking recusal of a Judge is considered a nuclear option.

Last edited by A&M 90; 06-23-2022 at 10:35 AM.
A&M 90 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 01:16 PM   #93
Backwoods101
Pope & Young
 
Backwoods101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Harper
Hunt In: Gillespie, Kimble
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Nothing that I can do or say to help, brother, but my prayers are with you. Keep taking the high road!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 02:45 PM   #94
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M 90 View Post
I don't have any specific advice and don't know family law well and don't know the details of your situation, so take the following for the 2 cents or less that it's worth.

If the Judge's rulings are demonstrating a clear pattern of favoritism towards your ex-wife or a bias against you, perhaps you should consult with an attorney about the wisdom of filing a motion to have the Judge recused/removed from the case. Please be aware that recusal motions are rarely filed and rarely granted. However, if you are already at complete odds with the Judge and his/her rulings are contrary to evidence and the best interests of your children and furthermore there seems to be no relief in sight, filing a motion to recuse will at least signal to the Judge that you believe he/she is not being fair and impartial and you intend to document and draw attention to the perceived conflict of interest/appearance of impropriety and the disparate treatment you are receiving.

Just know going in that seeking recusal of a Judge is considered a nuclear option.
Correct. I spoke with my attorneys about this months ago. But they basically said just like anything else. Getting that option to happen was going to be monumental and require a bunch of $.

Everyone wants me to give up and accept this BS. I'm not backing off my guns ever. I'll fight literally until the death over my kids. Unfortunately trial by combat isn't an option. And they way you fight is by spending more $ than the people you're fighting against. Which is my problem.

So until a septic truck full of karma tbones somebody's brand new jeep, I'm going to keep plugging away, working my butt into the ground, and swinging.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 03:20 PM   #95
RR 314
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M 90 View Post
I don't have any specific advice and don't know family law well and don't know the details of your situation, so take the following for the 2 cents or less that it's worth.

If the Judge's rulings are demonstrating a clear pattern of favoritism towards your ex-wife or a bias against you, perhaps you should consult with an attorney about the wisdom of filing a motion to have the Judge recused/removed from the case. Please be aware that recusal motions are rarely filed and rarely granted. However, if you are already at complete odds with the Judge and his/her rulings are contrary to evidence and the best interests of your children and furthermore there seems to be no relief in sight, filing a motion to recuse will at least signal to the Judge that you believe he/she is not being fair and impartial and you intend to document and draw attention to the perceived conflict of interest/appearance of impropriety and the disparate treatment you are receiving.

Just know going in that seeking recusal of a Judge is considered a nuclear option.
Largely agree. A motion to recuse is rarely granted from those who truly have bias; however, is relatively inexpensive as far as atty. hours are concerned. The reason to file, even if the same is not granted, is to definitively state that you, and your counsel, have concerns about the impartiality of the judge. However, this can go both ways. The mere appearance of impropriety should be enough for a judge to recuse themselves. Good judges will recuse themselves, the real crooked *******s won't do so and will harbor animus towards you for raising the same.
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 03:26 PM   #96
Ksig512
Ten Point
 
Ksig512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Hunt In: All over this great state
Default

PM sent
Ksig512 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 03:32 PM   #97
hoythunter02
Pope & Young
 
hoythunter02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Brady, Texas
Default Any Family Law guys on here?

Good luck man. My lawyer told me things that I couldn’t even believe a mother would do and still walked away with full custody of multiple children.

Last edited by hoythunter02; 06-23-2022 at 03:36 PM.
hoythunter02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 07:19 PM   #98
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Appreciate the prayers, ideas, and PMs.

Not able to pay or hire anybody new probably until tax season next year. Already been two years, may as well just keep dragging.

Luckily- with some TBH HELP! I landed a much less time consuming and little better paying coaching job this year locally.

Working two other jobs but with gas and groceries I'm not stacking any $.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com