Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2022, 09:32 AM   #1
ateague11
Ten Point
 
ateague11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Taylor, TX
Hunt In: ... a tree!
Default Livescope Update Help

So I am trying to update my Garmin 93sv and livescope to the latest 20.0 software, I currently have 18.0. I have followed the instruction on the Garmin website and downloaded the zip file to my computer. After unzipping the file the Copy2Card.exe is not in the folder so I can move it to the micro SD card. Has anyone had this issues or can offer any help?
Attached Images
 
ateague11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2022, 11:40 AM   #2
Boss Buck
Pope & Young
 
Boss Buck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nevada Tx.
Hunt In: Stephen Co.
Default

I would call a local shop and ask for help. Good luck!
Boss Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2022, 12:26 PM   #3
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateague11 View Post
So I am trying to update my Garmin 93sv and livescope to the latest 20.0 software, I currently have 18.0. I have followed the instruction on the Garmin website and downloaded the zip file to my computer. After unzipping the file the Copy2Card.exe is not in the folder so I can move it to the micro SD card. Has anyone had this issues or can offer any help?
If I were you I would not update it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2022, 12:29 PM   #4
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

I updated mine and really regret it. Now if you're going will the new ls34 then you have to.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2022, 12:33 PM   #5
DUKFVR
Pope & Young
 
DUKFVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sorry Azz Houston & Young County
Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
I updated mine and really regret it. Now if you're going will the new ls34 then you have to.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Listen to this guy! He is a livescope guru!
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2022, 12:36 PM   #6
ateague11
Ten Point
 
ateague11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Taylor, TX
Hunt In: ... a tree!
Default

10-4.. I heard the 19. Update had issues but the 20 was an improvement. I guess this is not true?
ateague11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2022, 01:34 PM   #7
Tbull9
Six Point
 
Tbull9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Crawford Tx
Hunt In: Crawford, Brownwood
Default

I wish I would have not done the update as well. IMO it’s not as clear as before the update.
Tbull9 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2022, 01:41 PM   #8
LeanMachine
Ten Point
 
LeanMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canton, tx
Hunt In: east texas
Default

I updated all of my stuff through the active captain app. Fast and painless. LVS34 and 106sv. 20.0 works like a champ for me. No previous experience.
LeanMachine is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2022, 02:17 PM   #9
TeamAmerica
Ten Point
 
TeamAmerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)
Default

What's in the Updates folder?

Active captain is next best option but no need to update unless you have ghost tree issues which I think you already have a current version to hide the ghost tree.
TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2022, 02:20 PM   #10
ateague11
Ten Point
 
ateague11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Taylor, TX
Hunt In: ... a tree!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAmerica View Post
What's in the Updates folder?

Active captain is next best option but no need to update unless you have ghost tree issues which I think you already have a current version to hide the ghost tree.
There are just a bunch of dat files. I dont have any issues with my current version so based on the above comments I will probably just leave it alone and not pursue any updates
ateague11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2022, 07:30 PM   #11
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Don't update till it don't work

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2022, 08:32 PM   #12
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanMachine View Post
I updated all of my stuff through the active captain app. Fast and painless. LVS34 and 106sv. 20.0 works like a champ for me. No previous experience.
Yes it works good with the 34 not the 32

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2022, 09:57 PM   #13
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
Don't update till it don't work

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Exactly! I started my first one in March of 2019 and I still havenít updated it. Same with my phone and my 7 year old I Phone 7 works just fine! They canít kill it if I donít let them!!
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com