No announcement yet.

Aerobic Septic Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When they pump it stay close to make sure they get “all” the solids and not just the liquid. I have heard of them making a quick buck with a return visit if it’s not done properly the first time.

Comment

Check the first tank where the PVC goes into the second tank to see if the filter is clogged. If you put a stick with a hook on it down the PVC tube and pull up the filter should come up. Clean that and see if your water will transfer to the pump tank. The filter is just a smaller piece of PVC with slits cut in it.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
        What tank is your pump in? Should be in the last one (number 3). Both tanks 2 and 3 should remain "full" at all times. The tank with the pump should be the least full.

If pump is working as it should, and you are still backing up, you have a clog somewhere before 3rd (pump) tank.

The pump is in the middle tank.

Comment

Is this what you have?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

residential septic, filters, septic system, wastewater, advance treatment, wastewater treatment, denitrification

Scroll down to the NC3, and download. That's where I found the pic, and it's better quality.

EDIT:
            attached PDFs.
            Where are you pumping from?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Palmetto; 06-08-2022, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
              https://www.clearstreamsystems.com/manuals/

Scroll down to the NC3, and download. That's where I found the pic, and it's better quality.

EDIT:
              attached PDFs.
              Where are you pumping from?
              That looks very similar to mine I believe. Right now I’m pumping straight out of the overflow pipe a few times a day when there is standing water in it.

Comment

As far as pumping companies, I have had good luck with porta potty type companies. Make sure you tell them that it is all open.

Comment

Also make sure the downward pipe on the exist of the trash tank is intake. If not that would let floating solids in the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                    Also make sure the downward pipe on the exist of the trash tank is intake. If not that would let floating solids in the pipe.
                    Thanks for the information!

Comment

Ok, I get that you are pumping from the overlfow, but according to the diagram, what are you calling the overflow? OR are you referring to a cleanout between the house & tank?

This is what I gather....
                      1. your first (solids) tank is full and backing up into your house.
                      2. your pump tank is not full.
                      3. your clarifier/aeration tank is full.

That would mean the pipe from your aeration tank to pump tank is clogged.

I would have them pump the tank completely out. Then stick a hose into the internal pipes to flush them out. When they are done pumping out, you will need to put clean water back into the tanks.

You dont want to leave a septic tank empty. I have always heard they can pop out of the ground if it was to rain really hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                        Ok, I get that you are pumping from the overlfow, but according to the diagram, what are you calling the overflow? OR are you referring to a cleanout between the house & tank?

This is what I gather....
                        1. your first (solids) tank is full and backing up into your house.
                        2. your pump tank is not full.
                        3. your clarifier/aeration tank is full.

That would mean the pipe from your aeration tank to pump tank is clogged.

I would have them pump the tank completely out. Then stick a hose into the internal pipes to flush them out. When they are done pumping out, you will need to put clean water back into the tanks.

You dont want to leave a septic tank empty. I have always heard they can pop out of the ground if it was to rain really hard.

Yes, I’m pumping it out at the cleanout between the house and tank. Your points are correct with my issue.

I spoke with the company I have an end of month appointment with and they are going to see about moving my pump out date up.

Thanks again for the great information!

Comment

My septic guy said to never get an aerobic system. He told me they cause too many problems.

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
                            My septic guy said to never get an aerobic system. He told me they cause too many problems.
                            A lot of people have no other option due to soil type or the layout of the property. I really didn't want to go with Aerobic on our new home built we are about to start, but I would have had to knock down every tree behind the house plus haul in all new dirt because of too much clay.

Our septic guy said that Aerobics made now are 1000x times better than they used to be and probably 80% of the systems he installs are aerobic, so I am hoping for the best.

Comment

Just had mine pumped out and cleaned yesterday. 4.5 years since the last pump out. Only use angel soft tp. 650$ and he did clean out the pipes in between tanks.

Comment

My aerobic system is 14 years old, and I have pumped it out twice. The only other work I have done is changed out the diaphram in my air compressor, and changed out my submersible pump. The original pump lasted 13 years.

Last year I started using Accelerator by Dr. Pooper. Flush it down the toilet once a week. It has really decreased the amount of solids, and my septic guy has been impressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X