Threaded wheel bearing dust cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
    I’m going to be packing wheel bearing tomorrow. My dad got stranded on the side of 59 today . Blow out with no spare . Went and grabbed two new rims and tire and put them on and brought my trailer home . When checking the hubs the felt like they need work . I have already pulled all the deck boards , re wired it and got all but the last board down today .
    If your hubcaps are tap in I like the bearing buddy hubcaps. They tap in and are spring loaded with a zerk fitting. Fill it full of grease the spring in the hubcap compresses and pushes grease in the hub and bearing as needed AFTER you pack them.

These are the ones I used.
    The original and still the best! Millions of bearings owe their lives to it. With Genuine Bearing Buddy your trailer, hubs and axles will always be protected.

They went right in. I needed 4 hubcaps for my camper. O'Reilly in Brady only had 1 set of 2 of these. I bought them. They also had 1 set of 2 Reese brand. Those were hard to get in. Needed to get a 2x4 and a hammer to seat them...
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 05-11-2022, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      If your hubcaps are tap in I like the bearing buddy hubcaps. They tap in and are spring loaded with a zerk fitting. Fill it full of grease the spring in the hubcap compresses and pushes grease in the hub and bearing as needed AFTER you pack them.

These are the ones I used.
      The original and still the best! Millions of bearings owe their lives to it. With Genuine Bearing Buddy your trailer, hubs and axles will always be protected.

They went right in. I needed 4 hubcaps for my camper. O'Reilly in Brady only had 1 set of 2 of these. I bought them. They also had 1 set of 2 Reese brand. Those were hard to get in. Needed to get a 2x4 and a hammer to seat them...

I have been thinking about going buddy bearings . Hate to admit it but these haven’t been repacked in at least 12 years . Don’t use it very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
        I have been thinking about going buddy bearings . Hate to admit it but these haven’t been repacked in at least 12 years . Don’t use it very often.
        My camper sat at deer lease for 6 years. I didn't wanna repack them.

So we put them on, filled with grease and then drove from Brady to Canton Texas the next AM without issue

Comment

Working...
        X