No announcement yet.

Balloon Race pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The purple people eater, it is a great balloon and a wonderful shot.

Comment

Crazy at the house this morning.

I am on the landing end of this event. They have landed in my yard and all around me the last 2 mornings. So my perspective is a little different.

I met a pilot from North Carolina sponsored by ETBU and another all-female crew from Houston that was sponsored by Outback. I have too many photos to download it all again so here are a couple of links to the photos I have taken. They are all low resolution for website application.

The Monkey Man started to land right on top of me and in the front yard but changed his mind. I have a great shot of them coming in and then fogging the coals to it to gain altitude. Also there are a couple of shots of balloons eating trees in my yard.

Sunday Morning Balloon Landings

Comment

That is a great photo of the purple people eater with the moon in the background. Great sky coloration and clarity!! Also I love the composition. Good job Deadeye!!

Comment

Thank you!!!! That is what made it my favorite. I tried to get a couple others with the moon but there were many that blocked it.

Comment

I think this is a photo of the bumblebee that is in your photos deadeye
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pigstikr View Post
              That has to be the same balloon, I wonder if the lighting has that much to do with the color? My pics were taken between 6:30 and 7:15 saturday morning.
              I don't think it is the same balloon. I took the photo with the sun at my back at around 7:45 that same morning. It was extremely bright so I think that was the true color of the balloon.
              Man that was the hardest thing about the photos. I was taking so fast in every direction that I had little time for any adjustments. I shot some on aperture priority and some just settled for auto.
              A whole lot of the photos on Sunday were taken with the balloons hiding the sun just to get the shot. Especially the Monkey Man balloon when you see the face of the balloon. .

Comment

Working...
              X