??old school plumbers? Name this tub valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??old school plumbers? Name this tub valve

Staying at the in-laws and trying to fix a few things for them. One is this leaky shower tub valve. Can you tell me that this brand is?? House was built in the early 90’s. Two of those small round bushings/seals sit in the back of the valve. Didn’t see a spring behind it when I pulled the one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not to make a bigger job for yourself, but can you just replace the whole valve with a new one? Seems like trying to fix the old one is going to be tough, especially finding parts/etc. Just my opinion.

Comment

Take the parts that you have out to the plumbing shop. They should be able to help.

Comment

Looks like an older price pfister cartridge to me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
          Take the parts that you have out to the plumbing shop. They should be able to help.
          This or scrap that mess and buy new.

By the time you run down parts and work on it you won't save any money with repairing vs buying

Comment

you have to open the wall to replace it....lol much bigger job than replacing the packing!! take to a plumbing store, they will fix u up

Comment

I used google and tracked it down to what I though what pfister. I called them and they verified. Gave me a part number and I ran to Home Depot and grabbed it. We are up and running now. Thanks for the help guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Price pfister is actually a really good company. I have their fixtures in my house. Had to replace the cartridge in one shower and a spicket in another bath. A few calls some emails w pictures and they covered the shipping and the parts! On a job like you did, its often easier to replace the whole cartridge.

Comment

Working...
                X