No announcement yet.

Question about rifle window height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also think about what type of chairs you are going to use inside. Nothing worse than having the door too narrow to get the chair in after you set up the blind.

Comment

When is your project starting?? I've got a good design made with wood, not metal & will check out the ledge height for you. I've made 3 or 4 of these in 4x4 but would be perfect as a 5x5 only to add the 2nd hunter & overall room. It's easier to make mine with the 4x8 sheets, but going metal makes it easier. I lose a lot of interior room because of the 2x4 window ledge that is a must for sandbags & steady long range shots. Adding a 2x4 to the interior of the 4x4 sheet really turns it into a one person blind, but the design is solid. The shelf for drinks, binos etc is something you gotta have on a good deer blind.

If any mfg is producing a blind WITHOUT any sort of window ledge for primarily your sandbag & and also to use as an elbow rest, don't buy it unless you get a great deal & can add it yourself.

Window height is really pretty easy for you to figure out on our own...you should have an adjustable office chair with some range of movement. Figure out which chair / chairs you plan to use & figure out YOUR average window seal ledge height with the chair in the middle window adjustment for you WITH a little sandbag. This way it is set up for YOU & the chair is in the center of her movement for a taller / shorter shooter. Do this by testing yourself & compare to the heights suggested & what will be coming your way as I'll domfoo ya. Regardless, you got the height set up for YOUR blind & the others can adjust accordingly. I hope to be back at the ranch by mid / late week for your measurement.

I like big doors & little windows...mine uses a piano hinge & runs the entire height of the 6' 6" door & the sheet is cut almost in half or a little more to keep the little window offset & usable for that side, but you HAVE to keep the door big enough to put the chairs in with ease. You almost always set the blind / door the direction you think will get the least traffic & hopefully the same direction easiest to access / sneak in / out.
      Last edited by Artos; 10-27-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

38-39" will work for adults and kids

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
          40 inches bottom of window.

Comment

42” is common

I built Lola’s @40”..... wish I would have went 38” honestly. But it’s for kids so smaller is better for me.

Comment

Working...
            X