No announcement yet.

How to build a Hog trap door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish people would quit building 4 foot tall traps, they are unnecessary and end up with deer in them. If you use the 32 inch hog panel Deer won't go in but any of the hogs we deal with can. I have been around a while and have yet to see a pig over 34 inches at the shoulder that would even consider going in a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
      After trapping a couple of deer, I stop setting our trap that has a wire top . I was going to cut the top out to allow the deer to jump out, but decided I would just kill them with rifles and thermal. More fun and I’m not there to check the trap very often.
      I did try diesel corn but it was a pain for me.

Just my two cents.

BP
      Mix great value strawberry soda, 2 boxes of jello, and 3 packs of yeast together with half a bucket of corn. Mix with water and cover for a few days. It will sour and deer won’t touch it but hogs will go wild

Comment

Originally posted by Lutenbacher View Post
        I wish people would quit building 4 foot tall traps, they are unnecessary and end up with deer in them. If you use the 32 inch hog panel Deer won't go in but any of the hogs we deal with can. I have been around a while and have yet to see a pig over 34 inches at the shoulder that would even consider going in a trap.

Mine is built with 32 inch hog panels and I have caught 3 does in it over the last few years. Easy to release them with a rope tided on the door to pull it open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2668.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	24596586

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X