Folded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    I wouldn't include Trump in with the career politicians in DC...
    The career politicians, on either side, Absolutley do not care about any of us....
    Agree. Vote however you want, neither side gives a rat's azz about us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      This ain't over by a long shot! TRUMP!
      Hell no it isn't. Almost laughable to see a few supporters in this forum thinking he's caving.lol! Most of the doubters have been wrong about him ever since he announced he was running for President. I'm loving every bit of it.

Go Trump! Feels **** good to feel like an American again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I still say he's in control, if he doesn't get the wall then he can see i tried working with the dems but they will not work with me. Good reason to declare national emergency and have the military build the wall. I see this as a win because he's calling the dems bluff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          This ain't over by a long shot! TRUMP!
          I sure hope you are correct.. I'm as big of a Trump supporters as there is and I've always thought he is exactly what this country needs. It's not his capabilities that worries me...
          The corruptness and evil in runs waaaaaay deep in DC and it just may be more than he can defeat.. He's only one man and he doesn't have much help. There is no loyalt in that snake pit..

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            This. I don’t think he folded at all. I think he’s getting federal workers paid and projecting non partisanship. When this fails he will lay it at the feet of the Dems, declare emergency, and build the wall this country needs.

This.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              It's going to be an interesting 3 weeks...the dems are in a precarious position now. My guess is we will be going to the SCOTUS when he pulls the emergency funds vs shutting it down again mid Feb.

Ending the shutdown was the right move imo...I have to look into the eyes of the guys & gals working the border every day. Most all BP supports barriers in rio sector & support the potus but they gotta pay bills. Call it a fold, but it was time to change tactics. Dems are not gonna give a bill with barriers so I suspect trump will gamble with the courts vs a 2nd down.
              Spot on in my opinion

Comment

Any one wishing for a declaration of national security needs to check themselves. This is the last thing we need is for the Executive Branch a half step away from dictatorial measures and the tyranny that accompanied that.

Comment

If he goes the emergency route the demtards will get a leftist federal judge to stop it with an injunction. Then it's bogged down for eternity

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Any one wishing for a declaration of national security needs to check themselves. This is the last thing we need is for the Executive Branch a half step away from dictatorial measures and the tyranny that accompanied that.

Agree, that’s a slippery slope that could wreak havoc down the road. The dems cried to open gov and they would talk so let’s see if they have any mortality left in their blood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This fight isn't over... I am glad employees are going to get paid if the government is going to mandate they work during the so called shut down. First order of business should be legislation that stipulates no member of the House or Senate gets paid during any government shutdown. Additionally, that they must be in DC working or they will automatically forfeit their seat and a special election be held to replace them.

I agree with the folks on here that are calling to rethink before we ring the alarm bell on declaring a national emergency... Would we be happy if the next democratic president declares a national emergency on mass shootings and attempts to confiscate and or limit weapons??

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        The congress granted the President this authority under the National Emergencies Act of 1976. This is a true crisis. For someone to sue the court to try and stop Trump from using it they would need to have standing. Dems would have no standing but perhaps a landowner on the border where the wall took his land would have standing. When it does make it to the courts POTUS can fast track this to SCOTUS where he has a clear advantage. The law is vague and loose on redirecting funds and Trump will come out on top.

By the way both Obama and Bush used the National Emergencies Act in their Presidencies.

Trust Trump and trust the plan. A three week delay is nothing...but it shows any remaining people that the Dems truly want open borders. This has been thought out long ago and in three weeks he will have won the war. Trump doesn't lose.

Comment

No convict Clinton

Obamacare tax still in place

No prospect of border security

No more votes...the deck is stacked against him and I think now he knows it, the POTUS is not leading anymore, the courts have made it impossible.

Sad day for the USA

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            Friendly wager.
                            If he doesn't get approval for his wall by Feb 28, 2019 you have to put up a Obama avatar of my choosing March 1, 2019 - March 31, 2019.
                            If he DOES get funding for (at least a portion) of his wall I'll put up whatever avatar you want me to for same timeperiod.

Deal?

He's not getting that wall funded!
                            Now hang on. Your original argument is that he won’t declare a nation emergency. Whether it can be struck by some lowly judge along the west coast is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                              No convict Clinton

Obamacare tax still in place

No prospect of border security

No more votes...the deck is stacked against him and I think now he knows it, the POTUS is not leading anymore, the courts have made it impossible.

Sad day for the USA
                              This is exactly how I see it at this point in the game..

The 2 Supreme Court additions were a huge win though!!!!!!

Comment

Anyone who has dealt with the illegal immigrants who have Murderd, raped, stole from or caused any harm to citizens of the USA know we need a wall. The immigrants who want to work will gladly still go the proper way and get documented. Will there still be undocumented individuals who rape and murder citizens? Yes there will be however it will lower rate I truly believe. The main problems I’m talking are coming from a lot further south than Mexico. MS13 is on the rise in the states and the Columbia nationals are one of the biggest house burglars I’ve seen.

I have several friends who work for the ICE, homeland security, FBI who All say we need the security at the border.

FUND THE WALL

Comment

Working...
                                X