Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATI View Post
    do you search by product or model number or what? I can't find the part I need,,, actually I'm not even sure what the correct name of my part is anyways....
    I'd search using part numbers. Look here for your part number.

Comment

I want to get my hands on a 228F "Big hat" if anyone has a line on one. I'd also like to get a reflector for a 22* series.

Anybody have a lead?

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        I want to get my hands on a 228F "Big hat" if anyone has a line on one. I'd also like to get a reflector for a 22* series.

Anybody have a lead?
        Aluminum foil!

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
          I'd search using part numbers. Look here for your part number.
          Thank you!

Comment

Was digging around in a shed of mine and pulled this one out the other day. Model 513 A, made in 73. Want to get it running again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also grabbed this one. Model 500 from 1949. Had forgotten that I even had it.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                Also grabbed this one. Model 500 from 1949. Had forgotten that I even had it.

I have something similar to this one, but it seems much larger with a gauge on the side. I can't find numbers or name on it anywhere. I would be interested if someone could provide details. I can't seem to get pic to upload. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comment

Well I had to fix my old stove. Not old like some of them here but by fixing that old stove I got motivated to go get my lantern cleaned up and out of the barn. Well that lead to getting all the lanterns and stoves out of the barn and now going to pick up brand new lantern and case from the 80s that was never used. Going to hopefully get a lantern going and do a little crappie fishing. I have to go grab another from the other place but will try to come back and post some pictures
                  Last edited by jhunter77; 03-16-2021, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post

Anybody have a lead?

Sent ya a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                      Sent ya a PM.
                      Replied. Thanks!!

Comment

Well it looks like I have 2 220js and a 288 and a cl2. I also have a mystery type large hat colman with what looks to be a nickel font. I cant make anything out on it, but it could be a 220b? How do you clean rust off the nickel font? Also what's the best way to remove a light coat of rust from inside a tank? Thanks

Comment

For inside the tank I used degreaser, vinegar, and BBs. Shake well!

Comment

I have two old, rough Coleman camp stoves for FREE if anyone wants them.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                              I have two old, rough Coleman camp stoves for FREE if anyone wants them.

What are the dates on them??

Still looking for 2— 61

Comment

Well got the 288 from 2001 going. Dang mud dobbers make a mess. Burns good. What I thought was rust is actually a coating that was used in the 80s. My 77 and 78 220 j has the same coating and the bran new never used hcl2 has the same thing in it. All stored with fuel in them. Few questions.
                                Will sea foam be good to mix in the white gas to help clean the regulator?
                                What are yall painting the galvanized parts with when it rusts? Will need to be high temp.
                                Last what's better neoprene or leather cups?
                                I still cant make out anything on the chrome based big hat coleman. And have a 425 and other older stove to clean up. I wish everything was built like a colman lantern. Just need a 1/2 wrench and a little oil and a pair of needle nose to work on. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X