JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    Since I only get to hunt the North zone... I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'd be okay if we could just skip March this year and tomorrow could be April 1st.....

tick tock
    tick tock
    gobble gobble
    tick tock

Nah

March is a good month!!!

Comment

Another spot

2 gobblers and 9 hens

Comment

Don’t get me started on the season dates.....it just ****** me off. Not only did they shorten the Eastern season this year....they took the week off the FIRST of the season....SMDH!!! It’s alredy hard enough hunting waiting that long!!

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Activity on my wireless cameras around feedpens is slower than normal. Hoping all the green forage we saw last weekend is keeping them away from corn and they are all still in the same areas as usual. I don't need them hongry....just on the property and horny..

Got a couple of gobblers passing through but the big groups of hens and gobblers haven't showed on camera much yet. jus occasionally to use the water. With all the hens we have running around the place , I'm sure some of their boyfriends will start showing up....Still got the whole month of March for that to pick up..

Last edited by Smart; 02-28-2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

My family has been put on notice... the next 4 weeks, there will be frequent and random sessions of turkey calling.

Lots of eye rolling...

I want to be like Chew when I grow old.... er.

Comment

My family has been put on notice... the next 4 weeks, there will be frequent and random sessions of turkey calling.

Lots of eye rolling...

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I struck some crystal pots last night. My wife was like. ... Is it that time of year again?[emoji23][emoji23]. Jumbo eye rolls followed.

Comment

My primary mouth call is in the center console of my pickup and I busted my pot calls out last night as well. Even purchased a custom Ipe striker on eBay to see how it sounds on my pots. Will do some patterning with my 20 and 12 gauge a week before the south opener. Looking most forward to hunting New Mexico again. I found a great spot last year on public and know there will be birds there again this year.

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2019

26 hens
                  8 gobblers
                  1 jake

Last edited by ClayW; 03-03-2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

This flock has been fairly consistent for the last couple of weeks. If they continue, we should have an awesome time with my 6 year old nephew...hoping to get him his first gobbler

Comment

Ran up Friday night to grab the cards and put out more cameras. Lots of big toms this year, just sucks that they shortened our season. Only have 3 weekends to get it done this year. It is VERY WET up there, and calling for a wet spring. I’m ready to throw up some dust instead of slinging mud!

Comment

Both my boys have taken turkey with rifles, gonna try and get them one with a shotgun this year.

12yr old - Yildiz 20ga, trulock extended turkey chokes, Federal TSS #9’s.

Almost 9yr old - Mossberg 510 .410 fixed modified choke, Federall TSS #9’a.

Comment

I didnt get into turkey hunting until 3 years ago. Killed all my turkeys with my recurve. Buddy convinced me to pickup this longbow... so the plan is, to drop a bird with the trusty recurve and then see if I can get it done with the longbow.

I cant even begin to describe how differently they shoot... but looking forward to trying. Spent the weekend getting aquainted and tuning some arrows.

42# at my draw... 64" long. Definately feeling this will have to be a 10yd and in setup given the time I have between now and then.

Comment

I didnt get into turkey hunting until 3 years ago. Killed all my turkeys with my recurve. Buddy convinced me to pickup this longbow... so the plan is, to drop a bird with the trusty recurve and then see if I can get it done with the longbow.

I cant even begin to describe how differently they shoot... but looking forward to trying. Spent the weekend getting aquainted and tuning some arrows.

42# at my draw... 64" long. Definately feeling this will have to be a 10yd and in setup given the time I have between now and then.

That’s awesome! That’s on a whole nother level!!!

Comment

This was a pleasant surprise this morning....first time I’ve seen them in the front yard

Comment

Got the cameras scouting for me this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X