No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen any Purple Martens yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not lately. They're usually in my martin house by now.

Comment

Well if the rain don't run me in this weekend, I hope to be outside around the house most of the weekend. I'll sure be on the look-out for 'em... Already started the starling thinnin'...

Comment

I have 5 pairs at my house and my dad is 2.5 miles down the rd and doesnt have a one.

Comment

When I put my boxes back up a few weeks back, I turned one of them 90 degrees from how it has always faced. I was just wondering if maybe scouts came and that spooked 'em... I didn't really think so, but I intend to turn it this weekend anyway...

Comment

My dad has 21 pairs at his house in Falls City

Comment

I’ve noticed that yellow jackets have built a nest in my martin house, I’m wondering if martins will eat/kill yellow jackets or am I going to have to climb up there and do battle with em and clear them out

Comment

I manage a ranch in Brenham. There were 2 houses up when i started 25 years ago. We put 2 more up 10 years age. They are there every year around the 15th of February. They were there this year on the 13th. All the houses are full. There are 3 more houses going up next week.

Comment

Saw a handful in Montague County this morning.

Comment

Lots of them in my bird house on the coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine showed up last week. I’m in Orange.

Comment

Working...
                      X