Arsenal, intelligent camera assistant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenal, intelligent camera assistant

Just saw an ad for the Arsenal, the intelligent camera assistant. its supposed to tell you what settings you need for pictures. Has anyone used this? what did you think of it? just wondering what the consensus is for the new gadget.

Never used it, but I found this:

There was quite a bit of buzz about the Arsenal Smart Camera Assistant some months ago. It's a hardware device that can plug into many DSLR or mirrorless cameras (though there are some important exceptions which I'll detail later.) It's designed to automate a lot of shooting situations, and make AI based decisions about camera settings to get you the best possible images. Arsenal says it best on their website: "Arsenal’s smart assistant AI suggests settings based on your subject and environment.

There are some exceptions for what it will work with apparently.

Edit:

It looks like the only real use for this thing is if you want to control your camera from your phone. It mainly does what your camera does in auto mode. If you know much about using your camera, or how to achieve a look, it can help, but it doesn't do a whole lot for 180 bucks.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by antiparadigm; 03-18-2019, 11:20 AM. Reason: Research

Comment

Very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by antiparadigm View Post
        Never used it, but I found this:

There was quite a bit of buzz about the Arsenal Smart Camera Assistant some months ago. It's a hardware device that can plug into many DSLR or mirrorless cameras (though there are some important exceptions which I'll detail later.) It's designed to automate a lot of shooting situations, and make AI based decisions about camera settings to get you the best possible images. Arsenal says it best on their website: "Arsenal’s smart assistant AI suggests settings based on your subject and environment.

There are some exceptions for what it will work with apparently.

Edit:

It looks like the only real use for this thing is if you want to control your camera from your phone. It mainly does what your camera does in auto mode. If you know much about using your camera, or how to achieve a look, it can help, but it doesn't do a whole lot for 180 bucks.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
        The Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility is trash and their wireless controller is like $500 so for Nikon shooters it might be worth it to just to effectively control your camera from your phone!!

I am actually interested in one of these for that reason, the AI functions don't appeal to me and likely won't replace knowledge of the exposure triangle for some time.

Comment

I was warned by one of our own to be leary. I started digging and they're still working out a lot of bugs.

Comment

Yea, It is a lot easier to run an exposure bracket via the shutter speeds and not your depth so that you don't end up changing your focus.

This way you can learn about what exposure works best for what you want.

The most important thing you need to do is PRE VISUALIZE. Know the effect you are looking for before you shoot. If you want a dark sky with a properly exposed background, or maybe you want both? If so, Use different exposures and stack your files.

Comment

I pre-ordered one off kickstarter back when they were first announced (still not 100% sure why I did). Finally got it in the mail and noticed but they were selling like crazy on eBay, so I sold mine for more than I paid for it without ever using it. lol

Comment

Working...
              X