Clueless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clueless

I don't know where to even begin. I really enjoy photographing deer while in the stand. Mainly for ID purposes. Right now its phone through binoculars. Which works well enough, but I'd like more detail in my pics. The majority of my pics would be from in the blind, so I'd prefer something that's easy to pack and not too valuable to ride, if need be, in the back of a ranger. 80-150 yd range. Farther would be great.

Thanks
    SAC

Maybe get a phone skope? It makes it much easier to use your phone and binoculars together. I think they are 40-50 bucks and lets your phone attach right to the binoculars giving you a good image every time. Anything camera wise that allows you to get pictures 100+ yards away will be pretty pricey.

Here's a link to the phone skope website. You can order them off amazon too I believe.
    Digiscoping adapters & accessories for all phones, GoPro® cameras, iPod® Touches, rifles, and more. Buy from the digiscoping professionals today!

Comment

So I just remembered, my pa has an old 35mm body and a few lenses from the 80s. Will the old lenses work on the new bodys? That would save quite a bit of coin.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
        So I just remembered, my pa has an old 35mm body and a few lenses from the 80s. Will the old lenses work on the new bodys? That would save quite a bit of coin.

Thanks
        My wife's old 300 mm telephoto lens worked when she shifted to a DSLR from a 35 mm. Unfortunately she takes pretty much all of her pictures with her cell phone so nothing but wasted money on my part. Both cameras were Cannons.

Comment

I had a lens for my phone, but it was a pain to take off the case.
          My cell takes great photos. Wish I could share some without the extra lens

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
            I had a lens for my phone, but it was a pain to take off the case.
            My cell takes great photos. Wish I could share some without the extra lens

BP
            They make them now where you enter which case you have, and the phone fits in there case and all. I'm going to order one before I head back to the lease.

Comment

So the phone through binoculars works well to about 90 yds. then gets a lil grainy when I zoom. Do these phone lenses work as well as they advertise. I've seen some on Amazon for $20-40. I just feel like they're gonna be crap when I get them.

Comment

Working...
              X