Smoke North of Lake Travis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke North of Lake Travis

Does anybody know what all the smoke is north of Lake Travis maybe in the Balcones National Canyonlands area?

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
    Does anybody know what all the smoke is north of Lake Travis maybe in the Balcones National Canyonlands area?
    The idiots decided to do a control burn at Balcones. Yeah lets wait till August in a drought to do it. What could possibly go wrong.

Comment

They could wait a couple more dry months and do it in late Sep or October like Colorado Bend State Park. LOL

They are careful at CBSP and it never worries me. IMO more places should control burn.

Comment

It sure was alot of smoke at one point. I can see it looking to the north from my office.

Comment

They burned in August last year too. Shook my head at that one, but it looked like they had a heck of a crew on-hand for it.

Comment

It may be a prescribed burn put on with multiple fire agencies for a training exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              They could wait a couple more dry months and do it in late Sep or October like Colorado Bend State Park. LOL

They are careful at CBSP and it never worries me. IMO more places should control burn.
              I agree more control burns would be beneficial to everything. I wish dad would be open minded about doing some at our place.

Comment

Originally posted by TexOddball View Post
                They burned in August last year too. Shook my head at that one, but it looked like they had a heck of a crew on-hand for it.
                They do it every year about this time and always keep it under control. Sure makes me pucker a little bit though as it backs up to our place.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  I agree more control burns would be beneficial to everything. I wish dad would be open minded about doing some at our place.
                  Yep

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    They do it every year about this time and always keep it under control. Sure makes me pucker a little bit though as it backs up to our place.
                    When I lived in oatmeal I would always get the pucker factor. I know one yr they dang near lost it.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                      Yep
                      Yes, they are doing a prescribed burn to help with brush encroachment. Burning for brush management is best conducted during the summer months.

Comment

The same federal crew who oversees that burn does the Fort Hood burn every year. They are not afraid to let it get large, but always seem to keep it contained. They impress me with how large of gets on Hood.

Comment

Yes summer burns make you pucker, but like Puncher51 mentioned above, you get a better kill on the target species of plants during a warm season burn.

Comment

Sure is windy here in the Austin area today. it will push the fire quickly.

Comment

Thanks for the great info gentleman

Comment

Working...
                              X