Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Workout Accountability thread!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s get the new year rolling strong (on the 2nd day that is )

Been contributing over the last few years but I’ll admit I fell way short of my goals which was due to 90% excuses and poor eating and 10% a job that was constant travel. This year, like every year, that changes. New job keeping me local plus a brand new 24hr fitness only 300 yards away from the office.

My goals are aggressive but first and most importantly I have 3 nagging injuries I need to take care of instead of ignoring and grinding through the pain. Secondly, get my fat arse as close to 200 pounds as possible. I managed to get down to 215 last year but once the traveling kicked in it went up and it went up fast... 250 came before I new it but I’ve chipped back away and now I’m in the 235 range. Third, some lifting and running goals including finishing a 1/2 and a full marathon, hitting 300 on bench, 425 on squat, and 500 on DL.

Would love to see some others goals and I can’t stress enough everyone is only here to help and we are of all shapes and sizes (including fat ) but we are chipping away at the good fight! Chime in and stick around as we always see the uptick at the start and by mid February it’s down to around 10-15 people and April is usually down to 5-8 usuals. Want to help change that however I can and even if you come in later in the year with the drive for change let’s make it happen!!!!

Good luck and kick arse amigos!

Now on with the truth.... I missed yesterday due to laziness and slightly hungover because we’ve Been in Cabo drinking and eating like crap since Tuesday

At least it’s involved a ton of walking and hiking so it hasnt all been for nothing and I just knocked out a awesome Shoulder and Back workout with brief cardio and abs in between each set. As knocked out a 1 mile jog as a warm up.

Here’s the gym view for the next few days:

Comment

I think everyone gains some pounds during deer season. I gained 10lbs myself .going for 20 lbs weight loss this year I will try to post up but I go to the gym 5- 6 days after season during season 3-4 days a week. Weight now is 208 will go back to fasting also . Did an hour today at the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        Now on with the truth.... I missed yesterday due to laziness and slightly hungover because we’ve Been in Cabo drinking and eating like crap since Tuesday

At least it’s involved a ton of walking and hiking so it hasnt all been for nothing and I just knocked out a awesome Shoulder and Back workout with brief cardio and abs in between each set. As knocked out a 1 mile jog as a warm up.

Here’s the gym view for the next few days:

Something is better than nothing. 👍🏼

Comment

Dang. I eased into it today. 30 minutes on the elliptical. Gonna do a couple days of this then start light weights and go from there.

Comment

I’m definitely in to get myself back in shape! Used to power-lift in highschool so cardio was literally never a part of my workouts, and I forced myself to eat just to gain weight. Seems like I need to quit eating so much and hit the cardio harder ��. I can stick to it for a few months, then I lose sight of it.. Seems like between running a business and trying to spend time with family, there’s never enough time in the day to workout.

What are you guys doing for food? Prepping, sticking to an easy plan possibly?

Comment

I’m going to commit to the intermittent fasting and carb conscious deal. I do so much better on that... I’m a big dude also had the linebacker to left guard build and when I follow that plan I feel the best. Need to add more dark berries and leafy greens though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                I’m going to commit to the intermittent fasting and carb conscious deal. I do so much better on that... I’m a big dude also had the linebacker to left guard build and when I follow that plan I feel the best. Need to add more dark berries and leafy greens though.

Well hey there neighbor! I love me some carbs. How often do you fast? 24hr periods?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_DReezen View Post
                  Well hey there neighbor! I love me some carbs. How often do you fast? 24hr periods?

Lol yes! New Neighbor, moved into valley ranch a month or so ago

I start to eat at 3 in the afternoon. Do a small snack at 3 and eat a full dinner. Finish with some yogurt or probiotic after dinner, then call it quits. Use some snake juice or electrolytes throughout the dry periods to keep from getting too hungry.

Comment

I start to eat at 3 in the afternoon. Do a small snack at 3 and eat a full dinner. Finish with some yogurt or probiotic after dinner, then call it quits. Use some snake juice or electrolytes throughout the dry periods to keep from getting too hungry.

Heck yeah! My shop is on 1314, and I live off of 1485, lol.

I hardly ever eat breakfast, normally and iced coffee with a protein shake mixed in (yes, I can’t drink real coffee), and lunch generally stays small as I’m on my feet all day working. Then dinners are always huge because I am starving by then.

Comment

Been off the workout thread for a couple months. I haven't added any weight, as I've still been pretty active. Unfortunately, my chest is starting to fall to my gut and everything else is getting soft. Finally brought in the elliptical we bought last spring... last night. Won a 30 day Athlean X program on YouTube back in October, I plan to start it first. Didn't finish the AX-2 program I started back last summer, missed the last couple weeks. Probably won't get back into weights for a couple weeks, but will probably use the elliptical a few times a week until then. Good luck everyone! Even if you fall off for a couple weeks/months you can always start over and come back. I usually do every winter due to the shorter daylight hours after work.

Comment

Well hey there neighbor!
                        Howdy, neighbors. I'm in Riverwalk with several other TBHers.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          Howdy, neighbors. I'm in Riverwalk with several other TBHers.

Y’all we need to sacrifice and have a cold one

Comment

Heck yeah! My shop is on 1314, and I live off of 1485, lol.

I hardly ever eat breakfast, normally and iced coffee with a protein shake mixed in (yes, I can’t drink real coffee), and lunch generally stays small as I’m on my feet all day working. Then dinners are always huge because I am starving by then.

Dang man! Stones throw... what do you do?

I started taking Alpha T2 during the day and it really helped me out.

Comment

2019 actually was good for me gym wise. I can’t do what I did when I last was serious about the gym 12 years ago, but, I’ve been on a good pace that’s strengthened me quite a bit without leaving it all out on the gym floor. Just going very easy, lots of reps and doing full movements that stretch my ligaments and muscles while pushing blood thru the muscles and joints.

I feel great. This year, though it’s not a resolution, is to do some cardio. Always hated distance running but I have to expand my lungs more.

Comment

Working...
                              X