nikon to quit making rifle scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nikon to quit making rifle scopes

anyone heard about this? I read that they were going to quit making scopes. just wondering If anyone had seen any info on this?

My Google shows that has been talked about since 2010. I see a few other forums saying they are going to quit selling scopes in 2020. I don't see any official announcement from Nikon though

Comment

Leupold and Nikon have worked well for me. All my slug guns are topped with Nikons.

Comment

I hate to hear that if it is true, cause it was the only brand of scope I’ve ever bought.

Comment

Looks like I’ll be looking into this. These are all my dad wants to buy and if they are not going to be making them anymore it might be time to change. We shall see

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Is it a political decision( because its bad to be associated with guns) or just not finding scope making profitable?

Comment

I can’t comment on their rifle scopes specifically, but both Cannon and Nikon have been reporting horrible earnings the last few quarters, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they are looking at restructuring their product lines. That being said, their scopes were hard to beat at that price.

Comment

I have used more Nikon scopes on rimfires and lower cost rifles in the last few years than anything else. Clear optics, they adjust properly and I haven't had to send one back yet for repairs. I mostly use their ProStaff line, but i have one Buckmaster that has been a good scope so far, as well...

Comment

Working...
                X