No announcement yet.

Welding Helmet Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Miller digital elite. More money than I wanted to or needed to spend but it sure is nice.

Comment

Speedglass. Only thing that will go on my head. Ibe jad one for nearly 20 yrs. Ive see a pile of Lincolns, Jacksons, Hobarts, Millers go to crap in my shop. Im sure they are all just rebranded same thing. Speedglass for the win 100%

Comment

Vulcan at harbor freight. Hundred bucks or so and its been the clearest I have used.

Comment

2 year old thread, wow!.

Comment

Also interested in this. I’ve got a boiler I want to weld.

Comment

It depends on multiple things, what type of welder do you have, stick, MIG, TIG? What are you welding, how are you welding? Are you standing over a table welding or hanging upside down 20 ft. off the ground? I can't think of a situation where you would weld 20 ft. off the ground, upside down, but I can promise you, it has probably been done a few times. I have a buddy who works in a power plant and talks about having to weld large diameter tubing on the opposite side of the tube, with a mirror, with a TIG welder.

I have welded many roll cages in cars over the years, I can tell you most of the welding helmets stuck for those jobs. I found leather hoods are amazing for things like welding cages in cars or trucks. I have since learned, a welding helmet that works fine for a MIG, is likely not worth a crap, for TIG welding. Never would have guessed. Then you have stick welding, whole different world, usually not requiring specialized equipment.
              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 09-19-2020, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X