ID:	24629503
    Ok I’m confused now the mediums I’m looking at are 1.00”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
      [ATTACH]1018620[/ATTACH]

Maybe they’ve changed the height name on them in the last couple of years. I was always annoyed that their heights were named different on the 34s. I’ve probably bought 30 sets of 34s I’ve the last 8 years, and it bugged me every time.

Comment

Just go with 1.0 inch regardless of what they say (medium/low) and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
          Just go with 1.0 inch regardless of what they say (medium/low) and you will be fine.
          Pretty much this is the correct answer.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            So we just settled this on text haha Trophy8 is running NF 34mm Lows, which are 1.0” high. Most everyone else’s lows are between .88-.94, and 1.0s are usually considered a medium. Just clarifying that

Technically lows. I enjoy giving pancho here a hard time.

Comment

[ATTACH]1018620[/ATTACH]

Don’t pay anywhere near that!

Comment

1 inchers is what my buddy is running on his.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Don’t pay anywhere near that!
                  Pm sent

Comment

Alot of good info. But you should also take i to consideration what feels comfortable for you.

I've shot rifles where you had to have a neck like gumby, to get down into the scope.

Find a rifle shop with different ring sizes. Take the rifle and scope in and set it up. You'll be surprised at whats comfortable and whats not. Minimal changes but big difference.
                    I have a 56 bell and I think i went with the high. Medium was just a hair to clear a lens cover. I have a carbon fiber barrel on that rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                      Alot of good info. But you should also take i to consideration what feels comfortable for you.

I've shot rifles where you had to have a neck like gumby, to get down into the scope.

Find a rifle shop with different ring sizes. Take the rifle and scope in and set it up. You'll be surprised at whats comfortable and whats not. Minimal changes but big difference.
                      I have a 56 bell and I think i went with the high. Medium was just a hair to clear a lens cover. I have a carbon fiber barrel on that rifle.
                      I do not agree here. You want the scope as close to the barrel as possible.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

What part of minimul changes don't you agree with. If your having to place your cheek bone tight to the stock, its not going to make you a better shooter. Its uncomfortable and not going to make the rifle a better shooter.

You think if he goes from a low to medium he won't shoot well? I think what the goal is, is to get the scope close as possible where you are comfortable with the eye relief and neck position.

If you ever make it to any shooting matches, you'll be surprised at the cheek pieces and the scope hights. And those guys are shooting 1k plus.

Comment

I would think you would need a bigger change than medium to high, etc. to make a difference on your cheek weld. Sounds more like a stock issue. In general, you want the scope as close to the barrel as possibel without touching.

I shoot to to 1k all the time, I get your point there.. You do see some interesting stuff on the line.

Comment

Reminds me, my buddy had a little AR 223 set up with like a 3x9x40. Set up with low rings. You'd have to rotate the rifle to the side by your ear to look down the scope. Like the sideways shooting a pistol.

I get your point to, and you are correct. But its not imperative that it's so close that you can't put a lens cover on foe it to be a shooter.
                            I worked with a STA platoon for about 3 months in the Marine corps. Those guys were sharp. Few more months and I might of been able to shoot out to 200 haha

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	87EBBBEA-0232-46CD-AC03-ADB3CB6F8E6A.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	24629586

56mm objective. 34mm tube. In NF “lows”. Barrel contour is a #4 Kreiger. For reference.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5772.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	24629944
                                Mediums worked great. Thanks for the info guys

Comment

Working...
                                X