January 20 Photo Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 20 Photo Contest

Starting back up the photo contests since the last couple were missed. For this month lets cover the months of December AND January (so pics can be from either month - this time only!!) and this contests theme will be:

The Holidays - whatever that may mean to you.

RULES FOR THE CONTEST - **RIP Jaspro**

1. We will have 1 thread, located in the Photography Forum for photo submissions.

2. Entries are restricted to 1 per participant. If you post more than 1 on the thread you are automatically disqualified for that month's competition.

3. I'll start it off by picking a theme for the remainder of this month. Pictures must be submitted by midnight the last day of the month.

4. By the 5th day of the following month a winner will be chosen by the previous month's winner.

5. The person whose picture is chosen will then select a topic for the following month's assignment.

6. The person in charge of one month will then select a winner for that month. The winner from that month will then select a topic for the following month. We will repeat this rotation from month to month, but the winner of one month will not be eligible to be the judge the following month. In other words, you can't select your own photo.

7. Critiques on ways to use lighting, shutter speed, composition and other factors to improve photo quality are accepted and encouraged. Hopefully participants will be open to constructive criticism and suggestions.

8. If someone wants to use photoshop it is allowed, to the point the original subject and content has not been altered beyond reality.

9. Lobbying for one's own photo is not necessary. Just post the pic and perhaps the EXIF information.

10. Try to keep topics as outdoor-related as possible. Creative interpretation of topics is encouraged.

Everyone get out and have fun. That is what this contest is all about.

December Sunset

December sunset
    Attached Files

Comment

January hogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last dove hunt of 2019

Comment

Leaving the stand, last day of season
          Attached Files

Comment

s of alice. last week of the season

my 8 yr old daughter was taking pics w/my phone while we were cooking last week!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Up top for the last few days to submit entries. I will pick a winner on Feb 1 to start the new contest.

Comment

Hunting at Lake Meredith, for me it is less about shooting a deer and more about being in the outdoors so far away from the noise and enjoying these early morning quiet views...
                Last edited by chastings77; 01-27-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Sunrise in palo duro canyon. First trip out there but definitely not the last! Already planning a return trip to hike in and camp.

Comment

Very nice oneisnone! Those early morning hikes in the canyon are beautiful! Did you get to see any aoudad sheep?

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                      Sunrise in palo duro canyon. First trip out there but definitely not the last! Already planning a return trip to hike in and camp.

Holy H*** the compression is bad on that pic

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
                      Very nice oneisnone! Those early morning hikes in the canyon are beautiful! Did you get to see any aoudad sheep?
                      No, we saw some deer and a turkey, but didn't see any Aoudad. We only drive around and stopped to take photos, the couple we were with didn't plan on hiking so we were pretty limited on foot travel

Comment

My son made a very mature decision in May of 2019 and we gained a brother in Christ on 1/11/2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

My son made a very mature decision in May of 2019 and we gained a brother in Christ on 1/11/2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Winner!!!!! He's already received his prize.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            Up top for the last few days to submit entries. I will pick a winner on Feb 1 to start the new contest.
                            Up top

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post

Needless to say I’m a slacker. Life has been busy. Anywho,

There were some great submissions for January but I have to go with this pic from @oneisnone a great use of light, perspective and color.

Please start a thread for the month of February with a topic of your choosing! Congrats!!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X