No announcement yet.

Lake Meredith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone out there today? would be a cold one!
    Don't think I will be out until Sunday. Ya'll have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Had a great hunt yesterday, saw a lot of deer but was not able to make anything happen.
      Did not see another hunter but the route I took was worn down with footprints, mountain bikes, and horse prints all the way in.
      Lots of pressure out there!

Looking at these pictures a lot of you know where I was at, I had never seen this canyon before, was an amazing place to hunt, legs were a bit sore this morning. I found an excellent game trail worn down by deer, fresh tracks and deer scat all along this trail.

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
        Had a great hunt yesterday, saw a lot of deer but was not able to make anything happen.
        Did not see another hunter but the route I took was worn down with footprints, mountain bikes, and horse prints all the way in.

Looking at these pictures a lot of you know where I was at, I had never seen this canyon before, was an amazing place to hunt, legs were a bit sore this morning. I found an excellent game trail worn down by deer, fresh tracks and deer scat all along this trail.

That's a beautiful place. Id somehow never heard of it until this year. How many acres is that hunting ground?

Comment

Not sure how many acres, good question. Always makes me feel very small out there!

Comment

Not sure how many acres, good question. Always makes me feel very small out there!
            It does look like you could have plenty of room to yourself if a person wanted to do some hiking. I've hunted country like that in New Mexico . Really enjoy that type of country

Comment

It says it’s about 45k acres but not sure what that includes.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                It says it’s about 45k acres but not sure what that includes.
                Very nice

Comment

Hadn't gone to that spot. Looks beautiful. It's a cool place for sure. That brush is decieving... looks flat from above and is 10 ft tall once you're in it!

Comment

haha yeah hooverfb, it is so thick out there this year, can hardly even see a standing doe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                      Hadn't gone to that spot. Looks beautiful. It's a cool place for sure. That brush is decieving... looks flat from above and is 10 ft tall once you're in it!

Yeah we figured that out real quick this week! The river bottoms were so thick I’m sure we passed by a lot of deer hiding out in there! Plus judging distance from above was really deceiving because you could see so far!
                      Loved our hunt even though we didn’t connect with anything we saw. Coming back next year for archery and general season. But we are also planning and entering for a draw hunt in north east New Mexico in October because it is so similar. Hopefully between the three hunts I can finally put a mulie on the wall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for family!

Rangers at Lake Meredith have been searching for a man missing since Sunday, Dec. 15, according to a news release from the National Park Service. The search for Ryan Kennedy was suspended Monday night and is to resume today, Tuesday, Dec. 17, the NPS release stated. According to the NPS release: Lake Meredith National Recreation Area rangers are searching for an overdue hunter/camper. About 11:15 p. m. Sunday, Dec.

Comment

Canadian river is also a decent public spot for whitetail

Comment

Doesn't sound good... will be praying

Comment

There is also a gofundme:
                              National Park Service officials were notified late Sunday evening, December 15th, t… Apollo MedFlight needs your support for Ryan Kennedy First Responder Fund

Comment

Oh wow:

Comment

Working...
                                X