Mayweather-Mcgregor Aug 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems odd to me? Kinda like a circus act. If boxing rules apply and as much as I dislike mayweather I think it's gonna be his fight to win.

Mayweather and McGregor both confirmed the fight on social media on Wednesday.

Terms of the deal were not available, but it will either be at the MGM Grand Garden or T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The Nevada Athletic Commission on Wednesday approved the request from Mayweather Promotions to put on a boxing card on Aug. 26 at the MGM Grand. The venue could change, however, to T-Mobile.

The bout will be distributed via Showtime pay-per-view. It will be an entirely boxing card. Mayweather Promotions will be the lead promoter.

It is a stunning development given that Mayweather, the greatest boxer of his era, had said he was retired after compiling a 49-0 pro record from 1996 through 2015. But with a fight which could pay each man in excess of $100 million, he reconsidered.

Neither UFC president Dana White, Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe or Showtime’s Stephen Espinoza could be reached for comment.

Mayweather is considered the greatest boxer of his generation and among the best of all-time. The fight with McGregor, in addition to paying him in excess of nine figures, will give him the opportunity to improve to 50-0.
    Last edited by boh347; 06-14-2017, 04:25 PM.

Mayweather will destroy him in the 1st if it's boxing rules. I think it's Macgregor's ego getting him into a butt whippin

Comment

Originally posted by GTRH8R View Post
      Mayweather will destroy him in the 1st if it's boxing rules. I think it's Macgregor's ego getting him into a butt whippin
      Agree 100%. He is way too slow for Mayweather

Comment

McGregor with the left, in the 9th. Mark it down. Its a long shot but hey, that's why they have the fight. On paper Mayweather should pick him apart.

Comment

It will be a joke, but people will pay to see it.

Comment

Man wonder what the odds are gonna be?

Someone can make some serious money on this fight I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuball View Post
              McGregor with the left, in the 9th. Mark it down. Its a long shot but hey, that's why they have the fight. On paper Mayweather should pick him apart.

You been drinking all day? [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by GTRH8R View Post
                His ego also just got him over a $100 million dollar payout. He is a very smart man.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post
                  His ego also just got him over a $100 million dollar payout. He is a very smart man.

Very true. Cash in while you can in the fight game.

Comment

I'm surprised when they do these deals. Why not fight one of each style?

Comment

Every person that buys into this money grab is going on the ignore list lol

Comment

I don't think Mayweather has the power to remotely destroy McGregor. McGregor is too big and too strong and I don't think Mayweather will want to even try to "destroy" him because that will in turn put Mayweather in danger with McGregor's left hand. I do think he will likely wear McGregor down and I don't think McGregor's conditioning will be enough to chase Floyd all over the place. That being said, McGregor still has a punchers chance and I'd gladly step in the ring with Mayweather for that kind of payout. Conor is a smart man.....especially if he leaves the game with his brain intact. Much smarter than these guys that get paid 50K to get a severe concussion or two every year.

Comment

Originally posted by predatorsniper View Post
                          I don't think Mayweather has the power to remotely destroy McGregor. McGregor is too big and too strong and I don't think Mayweather will want to even try to "destroy" him because that will in turn put Mayweather in danger with McGregor's left hand. I do think he will likely wear McGregor down and I don't think McGregor's conditioning will be enough to chase Floyd all over the place. That being said, McGregor still has a punchers chance and I'd gladly step in the ring with Mayweather for that kind of payout. Conor is a smart man.....especially if he leaves the game with his brain intact. Much smarter than these guys that get paid 50K to get a severe concussion or two every year.
                          True. McGregor has a boxing background and has beaten some really good ones. Most of the top mma fighters in the sport have real boxing coaches. McGregor is no different. I think he would have a belt in boxing too if he wanted. Unlike mayweather's usual competition, McGregor is long and has better than average speed, with knockout power in both hands. He also understands angles very well. Will he win, I don't know. Will I watch and root for him, yes I will.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

McGregor will probably not fight in the UFC anymore after this payout.

Comment

Originally posted by predatorsniper View Post

I know Mayweather is passed his prime, but this was the greatest pound for pound boxer in the world. McGregor might be good but the list of truly great fighters this guy has beat is insane. I can't see him winning a round unless he hits the five finger death punch.

That being said, he's got nothing to lose. If Floyd wins, he lost to the greatest pound for pound boxer. No shame and set financially for life.
                              Last edited by GTRH8R; 06-14-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X