Truck shopping - extended cab vrs crew cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck shopping - extended cab vrs crew cab

Looking at new trucks. Every back seat of an extended cab I've been in, was not made for longer trips & I'm 5'8".

So I assumed I wanted a crew cab.

But, have the extended cabs gotten better, to the point that they are good for longer trips? The F150 extended cab, in particular, looks to have pretty comfortable back seats.

Whatever I buy is going to have back seat passengers just a few times a year, but then it may be for 8-10 hour trips.

Don't care much about brands, but living in the rust belt, I don't want to have an 8 year old truck that is rusting out, which isn't an uncommon sight around here. So Fords look good from that stand point.

Crew cab all day long!

Comment

Crew cabs are easier to sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had an extended cab and will never make that mistake again. Crew cab is the only way to go.

The F150 back seat in the crew cabs is huuuuuuge.

Comment

I'd go crew cab if you plan to have anybody in the back seat.

The back seat in the ford crew cab trucks seem to have just as much if not more leg room than the front seat.

Comment

Ford and GM are aluminum bodies now. GM still has a steel bed. Won't be long and Dodge will be aluminum too. If you are like most up there, you put used motor oil on the underside of your truck to seal it up before winter. Works pretty well.

Like others have said, go crew cab. Resale sucks on an extended cab.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Crew cab all day long!
              This !

Comment

If the bed size don't matter, crew cab, if it does ext cab. The beds on the crew cab 1/2 tons are pretty small, and that may make a bigger difference to you than a back seat that gets used a couple times a year

Comment

The Ford crew cabs are roomy and comfortable. I have driven all over the country sometimes 12 hours a day with guys in the back seat and never heard any complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                    If the bed size don't matter, crew cab, if it does ext cab. The beds on the crew cab 1/2 tons are pretty small, and that may make a bigger difference to you than a back seat that gets used a couple times a year

Both Chevy and Ford offer 6.5’ beds even in crew cab configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Both Chevy and Ford offer 6.5’ beds even in crew cab configuration.

Cool, I must be out of date. I thought you had to buy a 3/4 ton to have four doors and the six and a half foot bed

Comment

The Toyota Tundra double cab isn't too bad. I'm 6'2. Wish I had a crew cab now though

Comment

Crew cab, and never look back!

Comment

Ford, GM, Dodge extended cabs are pretty small in the back. Tundra double cab is kind of in between extended/crew cab. To get a crew cab 6.5 bed on any of the Big 3, you may have to order it, they can be hard to find on the lots. The few I saw when I was shopping were either fleet trucks or top trim high $, with nothing in between.

Comment

previous pickup was a quad cab (extended cab) and it was a mistake.
                              Go crew cab so much more worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X