kinetico water softener 2060S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinetico water softener 2060S

Recently bought a new home that is on well water which is hard water. Had it tested yesterday and the ph was 7.4 and was well within the range of safe drinking water. No iron was found in the water only calcium. The company that came out and tested everything recommended me buy a kinetico water softener 2060s from them. Total price installed was $4500 which seems real high compared to other brand softeners online. I have heard these units last 15-20 years but don't know anyone first hand that has had one that long. Anyone have any input on this and is it worth the investment. I looked online to buy one but it looks like you have to buy from a dealer. Also if I put it in myself I'm pretty sure it voids the warranty since I'm not a licensed installer. Thanks for the help.

I bought one for my house and im not impressed. Personally I'd buy a cheaper one from Lowes or HD.
    When mine was installed they hooked it up backwards and then tried to tell me it wasn't. After I convinced them it was backwards they came out and fixed it.
    Don't waste your money.
    Im pretty sure I bought it from the same people you are dealing with. They are sales people and good at selling them.

Comment

Thanks for the info. They are defiantly sales people. I never asked them to come to my house they more or less just showed up.

Comment

It seems the Pelican Water 15 GPM Whole House NaturSoft Salt-Free Water Softener System has some good reviews online. No salt added and last forever. Only change sediment filters. Anybody have any experience with this unit?

Comment

I would prefer one with a digital head to control regen to a Kinetico. Random regen cycles in the middle of the day suck.
          I like Nelson and Morrison. They both make quality softeners.

Make sure your contractor is sizing the softener for your hardness and usage. And test for chlorine. If it is present, go with a dual bed to catch the chlorine before it gets to the resin.

Comment

Where around Victoria are you?
            I may be able to convince the boss to extend our service area a bit.

Comment

Run, horrible customer service, crap equipment.

Comment

Check out the Fleck systems. Do it yourself. Excellent quality. I think you can order from manufacturer or amazon.

Comment

Thanks for the info. We are located south of Victoria a few miles.

Comment

Good questions and info - subscribed!

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy Bottom View Post
                      Thanks for the info. We are located south of Victoria a few miles.
                      Unfortunately a little farther than we want to go (San Antonio company). Good luck and let me know if I can help.

Comment

Soggy bottom I'll be needing a whole house system in the near future. Who did you use in Victoria to test the water?

Comment

I’m from Kerrville and we install Charger water softeners. They are just a simple no frills 2 tank salt softners. I’ve been putting them in for years with no issues. We buy them locally at Morrison Supply and Moore Supply. Around 850 out the door for a walk in customer I believe.

Comment

Dont do it
                            I also had kinetico come out and give me a sales pitch

Nice guys but honestly tried to sell me a 5k system I didn't need... I installed a home depot style 350$ salt softener and well water is perfect no more spots on dishes etc

Comment

Working...
                            X