Tuna trip time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
    I’ve seen a grown ... man get tore down by a YFT on an eggbeater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha!

Wish I could go with you ladies! Y'all tear 'em up!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Ha!

Wish I could go with you ladies! Y'all tear 'em up!
      I wish you could too Randy we are gonna need some adult supervision!

If we get into them I'll be glad to share. Give me a holler when your coming or going to your hunting spot and I'll make it happen!

Comment

Last weekend at Perdido - 37 Yellowfin in literally 24 hours. The bulk caught were at Perdido. A nearby Drillship held YFT as well. At the Drillship - chunk was the junk. Perdido - it was a mix between chunk, jig and top. Chumming aft - the YFT responded with a mix of chunk & lures.

Comment

Comment

One fella from Oklahoma (Austin), fishing with his Dad and Brother on the starboard side main deck, limited out on chunk in literally 4 hours. Dad and brother had 2 and 1 YFT by the time Austin limited out. Austin goes inside and snags an hour nap, comes back out on deck with a purple butterfly jig, drops it over the side and lets it sink about 50ft down - hooked up immediately on his 4th YFT on the first drop. That jig bit YFT ran around 70 lbs. I told his Dad - "MAKE SURE AUSTIN BUYS A LOTTERY TICKET ON THE RIDE HOME."

By the end of the night, all three of these OK boys had a limit of YFT - 9

La Pesca caught and released a Blue Marlin early AM last Saturday at the Drillship.

Lotta 2ft long squid on top mixed with flying fish.

Also seeing some glass minnow sign which means, once the YFT start feeding on these little glass minnows, deeper chunk may be the way to go?

Comment

POKE RECIPE above:

Cubed fresh AHI Tuna chunks

Chopped roasted/unsalted Macadamia nuts

Chopped Green/Red onion

Chopped cilantro

Grated and unsweetened Coconut flakes

Honey

Rice vinegar

Soy sauce

Siracha Garlic sauce

Roasted Sesame seed oil

Roasted Sesame seeds

Mix well - cover and stand in fridge for 2 hours then serve
              Last edited by AtTheWall; 12-08-2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Jurassic barracuda near the rig, so if you want one or two of these brutes, they are there. We chased Rainbow runners for about an hour before the North winds hit us. Caught them on chunk and they fight like hail on lighter setups. Related to the west Coast Yellowtail and they eat very similar as well. Well worth chasing these tasty fish and there are some of the biggest of this species at Perdido right now. We also had periodic Mahi come and go and many opportunities were blown with everyone rigged for YFT when these fish showed.

Comment

I'm getting excited.

Do we have a food list?

How are the rental eggbeaters? I'd like something foolproof for casting when I get tired.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
                    I'm getting excited.

Do we have a food list?

How are the rental eggbeaters? I'd like something foolproof for casting when I get tired.

I’m bringing smoked pulled pork and buns for sandwiches. There will be enough for everyone to have at least one BBQ meal again. Along with homemade BBQ sauce!

Comment

I have a bunch of halcos, 60+lbs of jigs, and other assorted tuna lures if anyone is interested in purchasing. Also have a tanacom for sale. Getting out of offshore fishing

Comment

Originally posted by spliffnwesson View Post
                        I have a bunch of halcos, 60+lbs of jigs, and other assorted tuna lures if anyone is interested in purchasing. Also have a tanacom for sale. Getting out of offshore fishing
                        Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by spliffnwesson View Post
                          Might be interested in the halcos and other lures. Dont need any jigs. You have any pics or descriptions?

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                            I’m bringing smoked pulled pork and buns for sandwiches. There will be enough for everyone to have at least one BBQ meal again. Along with homemade BBQ sauce!

I remember that stuff was fantastic last trip! I'm making summer sausage and snack sticks this week so will bring a bunch of that.

I'll try and get a text or email going and we can figure the food stuff out.

Comment

To Doug and Fargus,

Somewhere around 20 halco 130s, a few yummys, 10 or so poppers. I can text pics. I live in Texas City.

Also have probably 80lbs of lead weights.

Comment

S&W send you a message with my contact info.

Comment

Working...
                                X