The proper way to handle a bully.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The proper way to handle a bully.

A Missouri mother’s unapologetic Facebook post on Monday defending her son’s decision to fight back against a bully has gone viral.

The only regret this kid should have is that he waited so long to do anything about it.

Well done young man!

Comment

100%. For many kids, bullies will be their first exposure to a difficult situation. There are many lessons to be learned from it. Someone else will take care of it, or this is going to keep happening and there’s nothing you can do should not be part of that lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most bully situations I see - would result in the bully pummeling the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

Maybe, but it may make them think twice about picking on them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not fighting back sets you up to be everyone's punk. You don't have to win, just make sure they know they were in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
              Not fighting back sets you up to be everyone's punk. You don't have to win, just make sure they know they were in a fight.

Yep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I'm just an old f*#@ -- I am so sick and tired of all the fuss over "bullying"---this kid put a stop to his problem and I'm sure got the attention of others in his school too.

That's the way we handled it in my school days, back in the prior century---but there are so many helicopter parents and lawnmower parents these days they don't want little Billy or Betty to encounter anything difficult in their snowflake lives.

There--I feel better now. I think I'll go drive some nails!

Comment

It’s not all about you JJ.

Comment

Which is why you continued to get bullied

Comment

Not all but most bullies are cowards and won't stand their ground in a real fight. I'm talking young kids here, not grown people. When things start getting difficult they will back down or run. A bloody nose goes a long ways in eliminating the problem. If that don't work then 2 bloody noses. It's what my daddy taught me and it worked most times.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        It’s not all about you JJ.
                        Oh but it is!

In his mind, @ least.

Comment

Is that what happened to you as a kid? Just wondering what traumatic life event caused you think the way you do.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                            Oh but it is!

In his mind, @ least.
                            I imagine you have seen a good amount of fights - people watch too many movies and read too many fairy tales.

Teach your kid self defense and wrestling - also teach him that teasing and words and people acting dumb dont require a response.

Just like the dumb nonsense of dont start it or throw the first punch, but finish it ... One shot has dropped a ton of folks.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              Is that what happened to you as a kid? Just wondering what traumatic life event caused you think the way you do.
                              Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              I'm 6'3 220lbs and have always been a bigger kid that played football and basketball through high school. I love fighting, have been in more than I can count. Some just for fun.

You obviously dont know how I think. I tell my kid, if it has come to a point where you feel the threat is imminent, dont wait, be sure of yourself and take care of it. No hesitation. Know going in, and prepare yourself accordingly. My Daughters can throw a better punch than 95% of the kids out there. I have taught them to. They have all also grappled, just so they know.

I'm a grown man now with responsibilities. Times change. I hate seeing Parents who have no idea, tell their kids to stand up only to be beaten down and humiliated.

Comment

Working...
                              X