Trump Signs Animal Cruelty Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Nope I have never served in any capacity. That fact nor your rant changes my mind either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    No rant and my dialog, exposed you for what many of us who have served......can't stand.

And yet we served for so many like you, to allow you to live in your bubble.

Comment

Trump Signs Animal Cruelty Law

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
      No rant and my dialog, exposed you for what many of us who have served......can't stand.

And yet we served for so many like you, to allow you to live in your bubble.

Sorry you are so sensitive to my opinion. That’s your problem, not mine.

Comment

Sorry you are so sensitive to my opinion. That’s your problem, not mine.

No problems here........and or beyond. But I bet, if you mixed with the crowd I roll with.....the PROBLEM WOULD BE ALL YOURS...and......you would never forget that crowd and what they represent.

We serve...you suck - Veteran OUT!

Comment

AtTheWall,
          I know Mike fairly well. He respects what those who have defended our freedom have given.
          I don't think anyone here would ever condone or sit by and watch happen what you said in your example. Just like neither you, I or Mike would sit by an watch a grown man rape a child.
          However ole Walt Disney has many folks putting human characteristics and souls in all manners of animals from snakes to sharks. And the reality the best way to find Nemo or Dorie is with a cast net.
          I love my two dogs. I spend serious money on medical maintenance, quality food and new dog beds for them. But they aren't my kids or my grandkids. If my lab gave my grandson a nip because the kid pulled an ear too hard or hurt her that would get her a severe beating. If my lab tears into my grandson she would get a one way trip to the ranch and a 9mm slug in the head. She is a dog. I don't value her as a kid and she sure isn't gonna be allowed to hurt one of the kids.

Gary
          Last edited by DRT; 12-04-2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Sorry Dude - you just don't get it and those of us who do, understand we have to represent those EXACTLY LIKE YOU - FOR ALL THE MARBLES.

Take the talk here.....and see what that gets you.

PEACE!

Comment

AtTheWall.... sadly I have never served, but I can tell we are on the same page on this particular subject. If I was honest in how I truly felt about my compassion for dogs vs most humans, I’d be burned at the stake by most on here. So I keep it to myself the best I can. I’ve had 2 encounters with LE over my actions upon another human over the treatment of a dog and would have had a 3rd had it not taken place so far out in the middle of nowhere. I do not claim to know anything about PTSD or trauma from combat, but the dog I have had for 11yrs has pulled me thru some pretty dark and scary times in my life. He’s the closest thing I’ll ever have to a child and I will/do protect him according.....

Comment

Has nothing to do with valuing an animals life over a humans life. If you get your rocks off by torturing anything living you need to be dealt with because you're a freakin psychopath. If you can't value life whether it be that of an animal or a human you're no better than any son of a ***** locked up because they couldn't either.

Shooting and humanely killing something is a lot different than some crazy whore stomping a puppy or some demented Gomer setting his neighbors parakeet on fire.
                Last edited by okrattler; 12-05-2019, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                  Glad they put the non-human mammals thing in there. Wouldn't want to get confused about late term abortion!
                  You sir win the internet for the freakin week!...and then some...since you posted this over a week ago lol !

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                    No problems here........and or beyond. But I bet, if you mixed with the crowd I roll with.....the PROBLEM WOULD BE ALL YOURS...and......you would never forget that crowd and what they represent.

We serve...you suck - Veteran OUT!

Whatever Rob. Threaten me for a differing opinion. How liberal of you.

Stay classy.

Comment

State laws rule that state. Easy right? Everyone understands that?

OK now we have that clear

Now lets ask why is this fed law needed.

Crush video made in TX, and sold shared and promoted in california, New York, and New Mexico.

Which state has the right to pursue the criminal? Each state has different levels of punishment. This is why it has become a federal law....

A crime that is being committed across state lines.
                      This law makes it illegal to own crush video in ALL states. Not just produce these video's.

If the local guy down the road is abusing his pup. And his pup only. Not videoing it. Fed law will not come into play.

Yall need to go read and quit crying. Go understand something and the reason behind it before jabbing off at the jaw.

There is an a good reason this is needed at a fed level. Because these crimes are crossing state lines, or what about dog fighting in DC. It is not a state...

Advocates say the Pact Act, which was pushed through the Senate by lead sponsors Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and Patrick J. Toomey (R-Pa.), will fill crucial gaps in national law, which bans animal fighting as well as the making and sharing of videos that show the kind of abuse the Pact Act would criminalize. All states have provisions against animal cruelty, said Kitty Block, president of the Humane Society of the United States, but without a federal ban, it’s hard to prosecute cases that span different jurisdictions or that occur in airports, military bases and other places under federal purview.

Comment

Cruelty is cruelty. Anyone cruel enough to torture or abuse an animal is ****ed in the head, has little regard for life and is way more likely to harm humans as well. Placing animal lives above humans has nothing to do with it.

Comment

I have issues with a bunch of laws. I have issues with the fact that a person who is a felon, does their time but then is punished for the rest of their life not being able to vote or own a gun. This law currently addresses very specific things. But I'd bet it gets amended in the future.
                          And I seriously doubt it will deter the sick bastatds making those videos. Unfortunately.

Gary

Comment

My opinion on this isn’t popular here but I don’t place the value of an animal at or above a human.

That’s because you’re a level headed clear thinking person! Shame on you lol !

I just want the feds out of our business and the more laws we have that can be amended later gives them an open gate.
                            Last edited by sharkhunter; 12-05-2019, 08:27 PM.

Comment

They could have made crush videos a felony if that was the purpose of this law. Heck they could have made a law regarding animal cruelty that involved crossing state lines. But that's not what they did. You can bet that the person who wrote the law wasn't aiming for a narrow purpose for this law.

Some of you guys have done a good job of memorizing the catch phrases from the PETA website.

Finally, we have enough problems with people in our state capitols writing idiotic laws like Perry's illegalization of killing feral cats. Who here really thinks involving Washington is going to make things better? If you support this law, repeat after me, "Involving the federal government will improve the situation!"

Did you say it? You feel dirty now, don't you?

Comment

This is what happens when you replace morality with legislation. Personal morality stops decent people from doing things like torturing animals. Since we no longer have personal morality or responsibility, you will see every detail of life being micro managed by more and more ineffective laws.
                                Or as someone smarter than me has said, Dying societies collect laws the way dying men collect cures.

Comment

Working...
                                X