Considering a 350 Legend in Bolt Action for my Daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering a 350 Legend in Bolt Action for my Daughter

I'm looking for a bolt-action for my small framed daughter who has shot .223 and .243 but I beleive the .243 recoil has her gun shy. I'm strongly considering the 350 legend due to its bullet diameter, range capability out to 200 yards and very light recoil.

Are there any other similar caliber-capable rounds I should look at with recoil less than the .243?

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
    I'm looking for a bolt-action for my small framed daughter who has shot .223 and .243 but I beleive the .243 recoil has her gun shy. I'm strongly considering the 350 legend due to its bullet diameter, range capability out to 200 yards and very light recoil.

Are there any other similar caliber-capable rounds I should look at with recoil less than the .243?

6.5 Grendel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put a can on a 16” Grendel and you would be able to shoot it up against your lips.

Comment

Grendel or a 22-250.

Comment

I was thinking 22-250

Comment

Grendel in a Howa mini gets my vote.

Comment

You can't really go wrong with any of those rounds larger than 22cal meant for the AR platform.

Personally, I would go the 6.5, 6.8spc or 300 blackout over the 35 for a 200yd gun as killing performance is there & you still get less recoil for the kiddo. I've killed several does out to 200 with a 12.5sbr with the blackout. A good bolt would do nothing but improve it. I think the 6.8spc is a little better but dead is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                I was thinking 22-250
                This right here

Comment

I started my kids out on 300 blk and 243 last season. This season they switched to 6.5 Grendel this year. The recoil is noticeably less than 243 and performs better than 300 blk IMO.
                  I really like the Grendel. Light recoil but good performance on deer and hogs

Comment

I would check some recoil calculators, i doubt the 350 recoils any less than a 243, and it might recoil more.....

I would look at a 300 hammr with a comp

Comment

6.5 grendel in AR platform or Ruger American predator, Howa or CZ for a bolt gun

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                        6.5 grendel in AR platform or Ruger American predator, Howa or CZ for a bolt gun

Yep hands down gets my vote. Doesn’t matter what platform it will be the ticket. Add a can to it and it’s even more fun to shoot.

Originally posted by John316 View Post
                        I started my kids out on 300 blk and 243 last season. This season they switched to 6.5 Grendel this year. The recoil is noticeably less than 243 and performs better than 300 blk IMO.
                        I really like the Grendel. Light recoil but good performance on deer and hogs

There are plenty of ballistic facts to back up your opinion, ESPECIALLY past 100 yards.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

A CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel sure would be a nice rifle for her. She'd have it forever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	49EA7BFB-F5A4-4A12-B8FF-CD840DEE3EF6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	24600519

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            A CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel sure would be a nice rifle for her. She'd have it forever.

[ATTACH]982310[/ATTACH]

Sho is a purdy rifle

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                              Sho is a purdy rifle

Sierracharlie out…
                              I sold it like a dummy haha

Comment

Working...
                              X