Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      I like that flame!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I like that flame!

What is the actual color of the inshore? Some picks pics look red and some orange.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          What is the actual color of the inshore? Some picks pics look red and some orange.
          You're speaking French to me, ask Philip he sells them!

Comment

Pfft, I’m still waiting on info on the new improved wading boots....

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              Pfft, I’m still waiting on info on the new improved wading boots....
              ha!!

Youre right, I smooth forgot about that.

Now paging @panhandlehunter what up with the fish chancla homie?

Comment

barts bay armour, look them up. All over facebook and sold at a lot of places now.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  ha!!

Youre right, I smooth forgot about that.

Now paging @panhandlehunter what up with the fish chancla homie?

I forgot about it too. Lol. I’ll look into it.

Comment

All anybody wants is the Croaker Smoker.

Comment

I'd be afraid if I had one of those neon rods and got hooked up every boat in the bay would see it and come running.

Comment

Hey, tagging along with a guy to surfside this weekend to surf fish. I would much rather chase flounder but...

He drone fishes for big reds and sharks. I would rather throw light tackle. Anybody catching pompano, specks, slot reds off the beach? Spoons, fish bites, popping cork? I have not surf fished in the winter before.

Any tips appreciated and I will post results.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                          I'd be afraid if I had one of those neon rods and got hooked up every boat in the bay would see it and come running.
                          Buddy and I had this conversation. When a boat comes by we point our rods at the fish and just keep some tension. These boys with the neon rods are just asking for the bent rod pattern fishermen to crowd in on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                            Hey, tagging along with a guy to surfside this weekend to surf fish. I would much rather chase flounder but...

He drone fishes for big reds and sharks. I would rather throw light tackle. Anybody catching pompano, specks, slot reds off the beach? Spoons, fish bites, popping cork? I have not surf fished in the winter before.

Any tips appreciated and I will post results.

Water temp is too cold for much success off the beach right now. Water up there is currently sitting at 59 degrees. North wind flow will continue into next week and it will take a few days in the upper 70s to bounce back into the optimum water temp zone.

65 - 73 degree surf water temps is that zone. Should of gone last Sunday - I nailed 12 Pompano in the surf, bluefish, black drum and bull whiting. Water temp Sunday was 68 degrees with perfect sea and visibility.

The water in South Texas is sitting at 61 degrees Bob Hall Pier and 65 degrees at Port Isabel.

Pompano in semi clean and 1-3ft seas with Sheepshead/Flounder targeted near jetties and pier pilings is the main wintertime surf fishing activity.

Check my post above for setups on Pompano.

The key to surf fishing winter, got to fish that last few warm days before the next front blows in.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                              Water temp is too cold for much success off the beach right now. Water up there is currently sitting at 59 degrees. North wind flow will continue into next week and it will take a few days in the upper 70s to bounce back into the optimum water temp zone.

65 - 73 degree surf water temps is that zone. Should of gone last Sunday - I nailed 12 Pompano in the surf, bluefish, black drum and bull whiting. Water temp Sunday was 68 degrees with perfect sea and visibility.

The water in South Texas is sitting at 61 degrees Bob Hall Pier and 65 degrees at Port Isabel.

Pompano in semi clean and 1-3ft seas with Sheepshead/Flounder targeted near jetties and pier pilings is the main wintertime surf fishing activity.

Check my post above for setups on Pompano.

The key to surf fishing winter, got to fish that last few warm days before the next front blows in.
                              Yes saw the reports earlier. Just that you were further down south. Thanks for the info. Dang I did not realize the water temp had taken that much of a hit. Well I think he is still planning to go so we will see what happens. Maybe we'll have a little luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                                Yes saw the reports earlier. Just that you were further down south. Thanks for the info. Dang I did not realize the water temp had taken that much of a hit. Well I think he is still planning to go so we will see what happens. Maybe we'll have a little luck.

I would recommend fishing the jetties and rock hop a bit. Slow everything down, lotta bottom bouncing feeling for a slow bite. Flounder may be hanging out in the wade gut, and 2nd gut, tight to the jetty rocks? Specks out past the 3rd bar in deeper water with reds between there and inside.

When it gets this cold water temp wise, deeper zones tight against the jetty rocks in that first 150 yards can and will hold fish.

There's a warming trend bottom of next week. Looks like 75/61 on next Thursday with South winds returning Tuesday around Surfside.

If I were you - roll over to Seawolf park and target flounder and any deeper structures along the Galveston harbor.

Or chase sheepshead on the jetties.

Good luck! It's better than not fishing and each outing is another lesson learned.

Comment

Working...
                                X