Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackalopes are finally back in Yellowstone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackalope stew with biscuits! Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
      Ok so I will be the dumb blonde if thats the answers I will get but... Is this a real thing?
      Sure there real otherwise they wouldn't make a life size 3 D target of them.

Comment

I just googled it. And cant believe it. You guys were right. Geez I never thought they were actually a real thing. Heck even a guy on you tube hunting them

Comment

I just googled it. And cant believe it. You guys were right. Geez I never thought they were actually a real thing. Heck even a guy on you tube hunting them
          Dave Coulier did a pretty good documentary series on them back in the 80's or 90's if you really want to dive deep.

Comment

If they were fake, would Louis Vuitton make a person with one that went to heaven on it and sell it for $1,400?

Comment

they're so thick out here in west Texas we named our hockey team after them.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                From size stand point were they bigger body size then the whitetail you have out there too? Horn wise I can see they were.

Comment

jackalopez

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                    I look all the time and have never seen one in the wild.

What’s the best way to find a good one?

Comment

I have never seen on when I was sober!

Comment

Our buck doe ratio is way off on my lease we have a bunch of jackalope does but not a buck one

Comment

Ok so I will be the dumb blonde if thats the answers I will get but... Is this a real thing?
                          The Jackalope being reintroduced to Yellowstone is a real thing, but the picture in the link is of a Sandhill crane

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            Our buck doe ratio is way off on my lease we have a bunch of jackalope does but not a buck one
                            The bucks are highly elusive. Does are plentiful and willing to be seen. I think it's because the does can escape to their burrows quickly in the presence of a predator whereas the bucks have a harder time ducking inside due to the antlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post

They can usually be found hangin' around with snipe.
                              Last edited by highspeed; 06-28-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post

My grandpappy used to wittle the calls out of mesquite with a dried up bean for the pea. You'd a thunk he was the pied piper. He called hisself the piebald piper on account of his early stage alopecia, but not where grandma could here him cuz she though it were a dirty joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X