• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
    Is there a Muslim button?
    I’ll push it happily

Comment

If you are really hunting for the meat then pigs >>>> whitetail. On my property we shoot one deer a year max (our own restrictions) but we can shoot a 100 pigs.

Yes they can be a pain, but they eat better and are available year round.

Comment

This was brought up in the MeatEater or Steve Rinellas Podcast at the Majestic in Dallas a few weeks back. Got me thinking... I think I actually would get rid of them... and I love thermal pig hunting

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
          You said y’all could put a serious hurt on the population. I don’t believe you unless you have a helicopter or maybe some good hog dogs.
          Hog doggers don't put much of a hurt on the population.

Texans kill 250,000 pigs a year and it don't do ****.

Comment

Yes!

Comment

When you own and farm the land, you hate hogs

Originally posted by slayer View Post
              I would say NO. The farmers that complain are the same ones that want $300 a gun for two pigs, or no they dont want any hunting on their property. Dont even start with me about dumb asses and what they might do. There are thousands of us who know what we are doing and could put a serious hurt on the population.
              We only bale hay on our 200 acres but the hog damage cost us thousands of dollars each year. I have 3 circular traps and we all them year round but damage continues. Yes, we have had visitors hunt hogs on our place too. For free! Every time it was a disaster.

“I only had 2 shots at sounds in the brush”. Really? Was it one of our cows you shot at?

Cigarette butts all around the blinds during a 3 year drought and no fire restrictions.

“I saw something on the other side of the fence so I left the blind and followed it.” On the neighbors land who has it leased out to hunters from Houston. Now neighbor is mad at us.

87 yr old FIL shot one 30 yards from our house about an hour ago. Gotta go haul off the stinky dang boar now. Please no offers to “Help us out”. Had all the “help” I can stand.

KAP!

Comment

I will agree with Dushon. You can't hit that button enough times or fast enough.
                To bad it isn't near that easy. I quit watching one of the folks on bowhunting because of a comment he made. "Pigs are a resource" NO, they are not a resource, and a problem of our own creating. Much like fire-ants.
                No real way to Kill em all, like the cockroach they'll survive. Unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  Hog doggers don't put much of a hurt on the population.

Texans kill 250,000 pigs a year and it don't do ****.
                  I agree.

Comment

No.
                    You would really wipe out an entire species, not knowing what other species it would hurt by doing so, because you don’t like pigs? Really? If there was a way to slow them down tremendously, sure, but killing them all off isn’t the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                      If you are really hunting for the meat then pigs >>>> whitetail. On my property we shoot one deer a year max (our own restrictions) but we can shoot a 100 pigs.

Yes they can be a pain, but they eat better and are available year round.
                      Buzzards may starve if we do away with hogs. How many more deer could your place support if they were not competing with 100 hogs?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                        Don’t know, I’m not Christian

Just happen to be a guy that ain’t fond of fundamentalist Islam

Problem with that?
                        You said all. Not fundamentalists. Yeah I got a problem with genocide.
                        Last edited by Ætheling; 04-18-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                          No.
                          You would really wipe out an entire species, not knowing what other species it would hurt by doing so, because you don’t like pigs? Really? If there was a way to slow them down tremendously, sure, but killing them all off isn’t the answer.
                          Fleas, ticks and lice will have no problem finding new host

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                            No.

Absolutely. They are not native to this continent and are a costly pain in the a**! If my property had wild horses or burros, I’d kill them off as well.

IMHO, non-native species should only be allowed to exist here under strict controls to prevent their spread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Imagine a fat kid at the arcade playing Galaga with his last quarter and he is 100 points from high score. Thats me on the KAP botton.

Comment

Working...
                              X