50+? Get Vaccinated!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50+? Get Vaccinated!!

Started a day ago and spreading. If you have had chicken pox you are a target for SHINGELS and these dang things hurt!

The chicken pox virus lays dormant until it decides to wreck havoc like with me. The older you get the more likely it could get you too.

Get the vaccine, this "bug" is nasty and can be prevented. My Doc prescribed some meds that will help with the symptoms but it's just a waiting game for it to go away now. After 3 months when it's gone I can still get the vaccine with a 90% effective rate. Dang sure going to get it, don't want this crap again!!
    Attached Files

but vaccines are a government mind control conspiracy

Comment

My mom had it a few months ago, and while painful, it was gone shortly. Our neighbor on the other hand was bedridden for months and had a reaction that caused partial facial paralysis. Bad deal for sure.

Comment

I shudder just looking at that.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
          I shudder just looking at that.
          Yeah, something that never crossed my mind until the blisters started? I recently quit smoking and cut back on my Bourbon intake..told my Doc this morning my system is out of whack without the daily poison?

Comment

I’m 42 and had it on my back a couple months ago. Caught it early and went to the doc but the anti viral meds cleared it up pretty quick. I was told I could not get vaccinated until 50. Has anyone else been told the same?
            I cannot imagine having it on my hands like you do.
            Good luck.

Comment

I have had both the Zostavax and Shingrix---

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                I’m 42 and had it on my back a couple months ago. Caught it early and went to the doc but the anti viral meds cleared it up pretty quick. I was told I could not get vaccinated until 50. Has anyone else been told the same?

I cannot imagine having it on my hands like you do.

Good luck.
                I'm 34 and have had it 5-6 times. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Been told the same, can't get it until 50. Apparently the vaccine has some long term effects that could be very bad, but don't show up for 30-40 years thus the reason to wait until after 50.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Rosey and her five sisters out for the count.

Can you get vaccinated before 50?

Comment

This is what mine looked like (same view/location). I got some minor nerve damage/numbing from it. I was also told that stress plays a roll in occurrence/re-occurrence. And your more likely to get it again once it surfaces. I've since had a couple minor bouts with it. But nothing like that first time. It was like someone putting a cigarett on me, or a hot bed of coals.

Comment

So you get vaccinated at 50 and when you turn 80 bad things
                      start happening to you . Don't sound good to me .
                      You have enough bad things happen at 80 to.add more .

Comment

Had it on my head and would not wish the Shingles on anyone. Get the shot when you can.

Comment

The vaccine doesn't work. My parents took the vacs and they still got shingles.

Comment

Does it matter if as a youth I never had a chicken pox outbreak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                              The vaccine doesn't work. My parents took the vacs and they still got shingles.
                              My doctor told me that it is about 50% effective.

Comment

Working...
                              X