Most calories one glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
    Blue Bell works wonders for keeping my weight up. According to the chart's I'm way above average, just sayin....
    Word.

Comment

Megamass if they still sell it. It’s like 2500-3000 calories a serving. Helps put the weight on if he’s building mass to work it back into muscle

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
        I'm not a dr or nutritionist so take what I have to say with a grain of salt... Just my own experience. Simply a matter of being in a caloric surplus. Based on the info provided, I'd guess 3500cal isn't enough. Which is crazy to me. But the math checks out...

At 16, 6'7" and a high activity level, his Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is around 2200 calories. This is the amount of energy his body burns just to stay alive. That's a big boy. For context, that amount of calories would put me in 10% surplus. (6'2" 200#)

To determine the amount of cal he actually burns on a daily basis, multiply by a "activity level factor" to account for his exercise. "Total Daily Energy Expenditure" (TDE)

"Very active" person (exercise daily) = BMR x 1.725 = 3,795cal to MAINTAIN current weight. Which explains why he's still dropping a bit of weight at 3500 calories. Again, wow!

"Extremely active" person (exercise 2x/day) = BMR x 1.9 = 4,180cal.

Now, if he's wanting to BULK, the typical rule of thumb is to increase caloric intake (TDEE) by 15-25%. This would put his target caloric intake somewhere between 4,000-4,500 based on his actual activity level, goal, sport/position played, etc.

Some tricks I use to up my smoothie cals, since you asked that specifically, is raw oats or a banana(if blending.) Easy way to sneak in some carbs. If simply hand shaking, use whole milk (fat) or rice milk (carb heavy).

While the myth of feed timing playing a factor has been dispelled by several studies(overall cal in a day is what's important), to consume that amount of calories in a day, he'll be eating constantly. It IS important, though, to consume some carbs pre-workout and get some protein in you pretty quickly afterwards.
        Well done!

Comment

Any of these should do the trick

POPULAR ORAL STEROIDS INCLUDE:
          Anadrol (oxymetholone)
          Oxandrin (oxandrolone)
          Dianabol (methandrostenolone)
          Winstrol (stanozolol)
          COMMON INJECTABLE STEROIDS INCLUDE:
          Depo-Testosterone (testosterone cypionate)
          Deca-Durabolin (nandrolone decanoate)
          Durabolin (nandrolone phenpropionate)
          Equipoise (boldenone undecylenate)
          Tetrahydrogestrinone (THG)

seriously though, at that age, it may be hard for him to put on much weight. I tried everything growing up, and never could put on any weight until I was about 19-20. I put on about 30lbs in 2 years and didn't really change my eating habits or workout routine.

Comment

What do y’all eat for dinner at night? I’m not a nutritionist but I’d have steak and potatoes, pork chops, chicken, burgers as much meat as possible. Lots of scrawny kids growing up would complain about eating everything in sight and not putting on weight, but they were eating corn dogs and hot Cheetos. Stick with as much natural foods as possible and I think it’ll help.

Comment

When I’m trying to preserve all I can, before bed I liked whole fat cottage cheese ( which I like). It’s a slow digesting casein protein.

The not liking peanut butter is tough... that would be the easiest calorie addition. What about almonds?

Could add dextrose to protein shakes to increase carbs and calories

Salmon
              Albacore tuna

Comment

Beer got me in college, other than that, got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                  Whole milk with protein shakes is what I give my swimmer.
                  This is what I would recommend with peanut butter out of the equation. Anything full fat that you could combine with protein will give you caloric density while helping to maintain your macros

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    I have a Vitamix. He eats as much as he can. At least a few breakfast tacos and a muscle milk in am. Takes about 1.5# of pasta and sausage with him along with other snacks. Eats when he gets home. Only place I can add is at night. He usually drinks a large glass of whole milk and goes to sleep. Trying to find the most calories to add to before bed drink
                    Empty calories are doing nothing for him as well keep that in mind. If he is under 200 pounds and eating almost 4000 calories a day with exercise he should be on a surplus. I would actually count the calories and macros because I doubt he is getting the calories you think he is. Height is irrelevant. Body mass is what is important here.

Comment

Example. This am- 4 potatoes egg cheese tacos and a instant breakfast. Took 1.5# of pasta with a pound of itialian sausage. 4 Lenny’s cookies. 3 muscle milk shakes. When he gets home he will eat 2 more times before going to sleep

Comment

Whataburger #5 loaded, French fries and “yes I would like 3 fried apple pies for 3 dollars Mam!”

This works whenever I need to gain a few pounds in a day

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Example. This am- 4 potatoes egg cheese tacos and a instant breakfast. Took 1.5# of pasta with a pound of itialian sausage. 4 Lenny’s cookies. 3 muscle milk shakes. When he gets home he will eat 2 more times before going to sleep
                          Clean it up. He is eating **** and not enough. Is he weight training? Running and eating **** is not going to bulk you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                            Protein shakes and avacados.
                            This! Core Power and avacados

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Get him on Ribeye and potato diet, pork ribs, bacon wrap everything he eats... Instead of that instant breakfast any cheap weight gainer shake will help if he's burning tons of cardio. Protein shakes in general aren't going to help with overall calories but if you go that route obviously in whole milk and maybe add some heavy cream. Start using gobs of oil on everything he eats, healthy oils would be better. Try not to fill all the extra calories with sugars and such though, start upping the healthy fats after ensuring the protein is taken care of. Good luck, that's all I got. I remember the days of eating 10 eggs for breakfast, that sucked.

Comment

Yea not the best but it is what he can carry in a backpack. He eats as much as he can. Night he eats lots of sweet potatoes, pork chops, avacadoes, lots of fruit. If he is home he does not have to carry convince calories like he does at school.

Comment

Working...
                                X