Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She controls the money I give her. 😎😎

Comment

My wife and I are a team. All income goes into joint checking. If amount in checking goes above X, some gets moved to savings. If it goes below Y, some gets moved back. When savings goes above a certain amount, we pay down debt in large chunks. (My pay fluctuates, so this movement of money is erratic at best) Always keeping savings at a certain level for emergency fund. Most of our regular bills are set on auto-pay. Daily expenses are paid with cash-back credit cards that are paid off weekly.
      We keep each others’ spending in check and plan for the future.

Comment

I do the budgeting and bill paying out of our account. But wife knows where we stand at all times.
        When we first got marrried everyone told us money would be one of the biggest fights. They were 100% wrong because we didnt have any to fight over.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Wife has a masters degree in accounting, soooo...
          Same boat plus mine is a CPA. As long as the lights come on when I flip the switch and my truck is in the driveway when I wake up I'm good!

Comment

I handle everything and we have joint accounts. Nowadays everyone has apps to check balances instantly so we are always on the same page.

Comment

My wife is a bank operations manager, so I let her handle the money. We have money going into our 401k accounts, and saving first, and then we pay bills with what is left. I fully trust her as long as the collectors are not calling about our home or trucks that we owe on. She handles it well. It's more of a 50/50 split with us as we make very similar money for salaries.

Comment

I handle all the finances and money. She has a job, but her money is her money and my money is OUR money. She never runs out. Me...I cannot say that.
                Gonna be interesting soon. We will be hitting the fixed income bracket with both of us retiring. Hope this system still works.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                  Wife does it all, I pay more attention to our accounts than I put on but never have had to question any expense/purchase. Since her hostile take over of the accounts(joke), I’ve had more savings, retirement, and spending money than ever before. I get nearly everything I could ever ask for, want, or need.
                  ^^^^^
                  This is me here.

Comment

My wife is good with money its what she dose for a living.

Comment

I do want I want with my money and same with her. House and cars all paid for. I pay high school and college tuition for kids. Go hunting and fishing whenever I want. Buy what I want or need. Life is good. My wife doesn't control her *****....I do.

Comment

The top 1 percent.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.
                        Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Comment

We each handle our own business. Don’t argue about $$$. We have been together 25 years and been handled this way since day 1. People will say it is showing lack of trust- lack of this or that- I think it shows each other that each of if are independent people that could get by without the other but we choose to spend our lives together. Unlike a lot of folks I’ve know that stay together for financial reasons alone

Comment

We both max out our 401k's and have an agreed upon monthly investment amount. We used to do the same with the 529 college plans. Thank goodness that is behind us. Everything else goes into joint accounts. She pays bills and I handle investments and taxes. My wife is very tight with money so no worries bout either of us going crazy. This system has worked for us for going on 29 years.

We are now headed toward our next phase where things are getting a bit uncomfortable. I'm seriously considering retirement in the next 12 months and that makes her nervous. It shouldn't since we planned for it. She could retire too, but won't.
                            Last edited by Rush2Judge; 04-02-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

1/2 the money and all the... Well you know the old saying.

Comment

My wife wouldn't know how to pay the water bill if I asked her to pay it. We just started a joint account, been married 2 years and now. We started doing the snowball dave ramsey affect. Knocking out debt slowly, but surely.

Comment

Working...
                                X