Why????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outback View Post
    I completely agree that if you choose to drive without a seatbelt, you should be able to do so at my own peril. I'm a libertarian in that way and your actions are inconsequential to me. However, the law says otherwise and arguing a law you don't agree with on the side of the road with a couple of armed officers isn't helpful to getting the law changed.
    I believe the whole seat belt thing is to try and keep you with in reach of the steering wheel to help navigate your 5000lb projectile to reduce damage to others. I have no doubt its trumped up by big insurance companies but at the end of the day, I'd like others to maintain in some what control of their vehicles.
    Now riding a motor cycle without a helmet doesn't effect others safety on the road.

Comment

Gene pool
      Should of gotten smaller but he lived

Comment

I agree seatbelt is bs... in general... I'm a fan of new Hampshire laws,live free or die ..

It's not a GOOD shoot but very few are... I think there were other options, definitely think cop needs a new line of work.very lucky she didn't wound partner... That said if rather this than the idiot hurting a leo. Take a chance with 12 peers compared than live with my co-worker getting got

Guy is a criminal and stupid to boot... He knew he was hosed when the lights came on with that warrant

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
          You got me, I’ve taken a few grapes from H-E-B but no, that’s why I said I’ve got morals. But that’s not the point of this thread, if a cop pulls you over and asks for your information, just do it.

I have yet to see a shooting where a cop comes up and shoots a random innocent person, they have all resisted to some point.
          Oh, you mean the caregiver, which was a black elderly gentleman, laying down on the pavement, with his hands up, and had complied 100% with police since contact was initiated, and then shot as he lay there .

I know for a fact, all cops cant be bad, I've just never had the pleasure of dealing with a good one.
          So either I'm extremely unfortunate, or the ratio of good cops to bad cops isn't anywhere close to what people think.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
            I agree seatbelt is bs... in general... I'm a fan of new Hampshire laws,live free or die ..

It's not a GOOD shoot but very few are... I think there were other options, definitely think cop needs a new line of work.very lucky she didn't wound partner... That said if rather this than the idiot hurting a leo. Take a chance with 12 peers compared than live with my co-worker getting got

Guy is a criminal and stupid to boot... He knew he was hosed when the lights came on with that warrant
            Warrants for traffic violations = a criminal = jailtime?
            Good lord man. Our jails are over capacity as it is. Highest incarceration rate in the world.
            I bet you pray for a police state, every night at bedtime

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              Good lord man. Our jails are over capacity as it is. Highest incarceration rate in the world.
              In your previous post you said you have been wrongly jailed 4 times.
              Can you explain what happened?

It's hard to fathom the bad luck angle but crazier stuff happens everyday.

Comment

Oh, you mean the caregiver, which was a black elderly gentleman, laying down on the pavement, with his hands up, and had complied 100% with police since contact was initiated, and then shot as he lay there .

Sure there are exceptions and those who have been affected should file complaints or whatever is necessary but when it comes down to just follow the rules and quit acting like a dang rebellious kid because you’re not getting your way. It could be so much worse
                I could be wrong but I think I said there are exceptions but maybe I misread what I typed earlier.

Comment

It not just your post but all the ones talking about traffic violations not mattering. Running a stop sign/ red light, DWI, speeding, are all traffic violations, and kill people every day. So yes there should be consequences. When it kills or hurts other people it should be considered a problem.
                  Last edited by Etxnoodler; 03-27-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                    Vigilance committees?

There have been societies without LEOs throughout history, so anarchy may not be necessarily the only option.

Law enforcement in general has overreached for many years. Much of what they do today is revenue generation, and has little effect on safety. Most people aren't interested in breaking laws or being menaces to society, and many others only break laws that effect only them selves i.e. seatbelts.

Popo could probably get by with detective force to solve crimes, and a many fewer patrolmen to be sent out when crimes are reported in progress. But, when you want to have cops everywhere, you need to create new crimes to keep them occupied i.e. seatbelt laws

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                    A cop is just following orders from his/her corrupt leaders who sit in positions of power never intended to be amassed by a free society. Its ultimately on them. I have a very hard time reconciling the massive number of HCSO deputies writting tickets on 99 to generate revenue off of what they know are people of at least some financial means (toll road to work from outside city limits) when in our own back yard sits the human trafficking capital of the USA. I guess all the rapists, gang members and murders have been rounded up already. Missed that memo.
                    I need to get up and stretch after that. Think my pancreas is cramped from the laughing.

Tickets on 99 are due to the amount of traffic fatalities reported by the media. So in a way its the texting drivers who caused tickets to be wrote.

As for murderers, dope dealers and human traffickers running loose, you can thank the liberal Democrat DA for that. They let them out faster than we can arrest them

Do a little research and you'll find the answers you think you know

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

You got me, I’ve taken a few grapes from H-E-B but no, that’s why I said I’ve got morals. But that’s not the point of this thread, if a cop pulls you over and asks for your information, just do it.

I have yet to see a shooting where a cop comes up and shoots a random innocent person, they have all resisted to some point.
                      Well the one in Dallas . . .[emoji849]

Gary

Comment

There are a sizable number of laws and regulations that are created and adjusted at the pressure of insurance companies. Seat belt laws, fire codes and even deer population control among them.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          I need to get up and stretch after that. Think my pancreas is cramped from the laughing.

Tickets on 99 are due to the amount of traffic fatalities reported by the media. So in a way its the texting drivers who caused tickets to be wrote.

As for murderers, dope dealers and human traffickers running loose, you can thank the liberal Democrat DA for that. They let them out faster than we can arrest them

Do a little research and you'll find the answers you think you know

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          You have misunderstood my statement. I am backing the Deputies. I am stating that its is not the Deputies decision to be out writing tickets. The deputy would much rather be tackling the issues I am speaking of. Its their management that is sending them out to 99. I am former LE so I know exactly what I am talking about check your crystal ball it is a bit dusty. Tickets equal revenue. If writing tickets stopped people from speeding on 99 like you state than there would be no speeding on 99 but we all know that is not the case. Your logic not mine. I don't disagree its a death trap but until you outlaw stupidity and successfully enforce it you are just generating revenue by writing tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                            Eff the police. Nothing but a bunch of jack boot nazis, out being road pirates to collect more taxes.
                            Amen

Comment

I personally would have probably kicked the guy in his head, but I'm not upset about him being shot either.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                                if you get pulled over just comply with the officers request, leave your attitude some where else. it will greatly improve the situation and the time you are in this situation.

it's not too hard to be a good guy is it?
                                SHOW ME ZEE PAPERS, jUDEN!!!

SHOW ZEM TO ME!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X