Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever found yourself in middle of bizarre circumstances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
    I'll never forget it as long as I live...

It's weird because I can still picture her like it was yesterday...
    She went by Maria....tall, long legs, white spandex mini skirt, black crop top & drank Dos Equis...her hair was dyed blonde...

My buddy does not like to talk about it even to this day...and "yes", we are still friends...
    I was there that week we went from 85-88 every year and it gives me chills knowing they were scouting the bars we were frequenting ,I Felt so sorry for that poor kid Mark Kilroy they got from UT...We had some crazy times in the Mat bars until the devil worshippers started playin ..

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      We may have crossed paths & never knew it...I graduated in 88 (spring 87) but did spend the 89 break at the island / stayed at our place in laguna vista & hit Matamoros.

I was close to the Kilroy deal & still kinda creeped out but not that close. I think the most sobering issue to me looking back is there was no inclination of that level of evil ever resurfacing nor tied to the whole narco culture at the time. I was in San Fernando every weekend during the early to mid 90's freelancing it in the boonies, then the big Zeta massacre happens 25 years later. That was a fun place & now is said to be ghost town after dark. Mex, once a place t be adored where Live dismemberments / burnings are a common thing today SOTB. The boogie man is real.

I think it's wrong to poke fun of the OP...Running across a cartel deal on a back road can make a valley boy yawn. You guys should hear stories from those that farm along the river.

My best friend at work is from Brownsville and we were talking about her a while back. He had some classes with her. He has pretty much said the same things y’all have. That’s some eerry stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a 100% true story...

I was driving from Houston to College Station and exited the highway to get a drink. Think I was around Navasota. As I come over a hill heading down towards the gas station, I immediately see a man sitting in the middle of the road. What is he doing? Is he trying to commit suicide knowing he's out of sight for anyone that comes flying over that hill until it's almost too late? I slammed on my brakes and stopped about 10 feet from him...

To discover he's not sitting in the road, he's taking a massive dump. Right, smack-dab in the center of the exit ramp. Not on the side. Not in the grass near the road. Right in the middle. And judging by the size of the pile, waiting wasn't an option.

Super weird.

Comment

Yep! I hunted on a ranch in west Texas that was owned by the sheriff. I was told 30k acres that hadn't been hunted in 10 years. I shoulda known since the information came from my then wife's uncle who used to work narcotics with the guy back in the day. The uncle said him and some other guys were coming out as well. Well 30K turned into 640 acres which, in that part of Texas, isn't squat. The sheriff kinda looked at me funny when I told him I worked for DPS and he wanted to know what I did for them. He seemed to chill out when he found out I was Highway Patrol.

Every day for a solid week a vehicle would pull down the highway and stop. A guy would get out and look straight at me at the camphouse. I was looking at him in binos and he was looking at me. Verrrrrrry odd. i never saw the sheriff before I left so I could ask him what that was all about.

About 6 months later I read in the newspaper that this particular sheriff was arrested for an enormous amount of cocaine in his horse trailer.

I was then pretty sure the guy watching me was either into moving narcotics or some narcotics agent was doing surveillance and I just happened to be there.

The wife's uncle and his buddies never showed up and for a long time I kept thinking I was going to be either brought in and interrogated or arrested.

Fortunately, I used a buddies truck to drive out there so the license plate number they had came back to him.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
            There was a guy sitting Indian style on the shoulder of 51 facing the hiway last night between Weatherford and Springtown. He was right up on the white line and I didn’t see him until I was right up on him. This was about 11:30. It was definitely bizarre.

That was Elizabeth Warren’s brother.

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
              That was Elizabeth Warren’s brother.

Dang it! If I’d of known that I would of turned around, went back and ran over him.

Comment

I’m bumping this troll

Comment

Headed to a halloween party one night with the wife and one of her college roommates. A crotch rocket passed us so fast, the air moved my truck. Made it to the next intersection and could see nothing but smoke. There was a cherokee pulling out and in no way could expect a motorcycle doing 150+ to come flying in. The cherokee was on its side, laying in the median with a 3ft deep indention in the rear. Told the wife and her roomy to stay in the truck. Helped the man and his kid out of the jeep. Shaken but not injured. I make my way over to the bike. It was laying on top of the rider. I picked it up off of him. He was lying chest down but looking straight up in the air. His helmet was halfway off of his head. His right shoulder was bent under his chest. His right foot/leg was twisted and his foot was where his shoulder should have been. I removed his helmet and tried checking his pupils. He was in agonal respiration. By this time a few other vehicles had shown up. I asked who was on the phone with 911. A lady raised her hand, i took her phone from her. I asked the dispatcher to start careflight along with the FD that was en route. She asked how I was qualified to make that request. I told her that we could discuss my credentials later but if this man was going to have a chance, he needed careflight. FD showed up and started attending and advised that dispatch told them they had already started careflight. One of the FD guys went to my truck because of the proximity to see if it was involved. He found my wife and her roomy crying. He asked if they were ok and they said yes, and my wife informed him they were just waiting on me to come back. The firefighter asked her, “is he the one in the dress thing?”

I had been attending this man as he lied dying in the road dressed as the grim reaper.

On the way home frisco pd was recreating the accident and I stopped to check on his condition. They told me careflight had gotten him to the hospital alive but the last update they had gotten was that it didnt look good.

This was october, I got a phone call in January asking if I could have lunch and talk about the wreck. He actually made it through.

Comment

Ever found yourself in middle of bizarre circumstances?

Originally posted by Bci2nd View Post
                    Headed to a halloween party one night with the wife and one of her college roommates. A crotch rocket passed us so fast, the air moved my truck. Made it to the next intersection and could see nothing but smoke. There was a cherokee pulling out and in no way could expect a motorcycle doing 150+ to come flying in. The cherokee was on its side, laying in the median with a 3ft deep indention in the rear. Told the wife and her roomy to stay in the truck. Helped the man and his kid out of the jeep. Shaken but not injured. I make my way over to the bike. It was laying on top of the rider. I picked it up off of him. He was lying chest down but looking straight up in the air. His helmet was halfway off of his head. His right shoulder was bent under his chest. His right foot/leg was twisted and his foot was where his shoulder should have been. I removed his helmet and tried checking his pupils. He was in agonal respiration. By this time a few other vehicles had shown up. I asked who was on the phone with 911. A lady raised her hand, i took her phone from her. I asked the dispatcher to start careflight along with the FD that was en route. She asked how I was qualified to make that request. I told her that we could discuss my credentials later but if this man was going to have a chance, he needed careflight. FD showed up and started attending and advised that dispatch told them they had already started careflight. One of the FD guys went to my truck because of the proximity to see if it was involved. He found my wife and her roomy crying. He asked if they were ok and they said yes, and my wife informed him they were just waiting on me to come back. The firefighter asked her, “is he the one in the dress thing?”

I had been attending this man as he lied dying in the road dressed as the grim reaper.

On the way home frisco pd was recreating the accident and I stopped to check on his condition. They told me careflight had gotten him to the hospital alive but the last update they had gotten was that it didnt look good.

This was october, I got a phone call in January asking if I could have lunch and talk about the wreck. He actually made it through.

That is awesome man. Thanks for stopping! It’s amazing what the human body can live through.
                    One question: why did you remove his helmet? I thought that was supposed to stay on or was it almost off and not close to being secure?

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                      That is awesome man. Thanks for stopping! It’s amazing what the human body can live through.
                      One question: why did you remove his helmet? I thought that was supposed to stay on or was it almost off and not close to being secure?

He didnt have it strapped on. The bottom of it was just above his eyes. Removing it didn’t jeopardize his c-spine anymore than was already done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bci2nd View Post
                        He didnt have it strapped on. The bottom of it was just above his eyes. Removing it didn’t jeopardize his c-spine anymore than was already done.

Roger.

Comment

I woke up one morning and there wasn't a part of me that didn't hurt. I had blood in my sheets, my face and head were raw meat and my thumb was laid back against my wrist. I knew something was wrong but had no idea what had happened. When I went outside to smoke my first cig of the day I noticed my motorcycle was gone. I called the police to report it as stolen but they informed me it was at the wrecking yard. At the time I had no memory of the night before. It came back to me in bits and pieces over the next several months. I still ain't exactly sure how I got home and into bed that night. I cut way back on the booze and drugs after that night.

Comment

If you want bizarre, go to Denny's at 2;30 in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
                              Every day when I get home the same looking wife is here at home. But total different personality each evening,

this ^^^^^^^^^ is truth. The rest of ya'll need to put those crack pipes down.....

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                                If you want bizarre, go to Denny's at 2;30 in the morning.
                                Truth here back in the day when I ran the streets decades ago. Now I like my boring life. Lol,

Comment

Working...
                                X