No announcement yet.

Invest in cannabis industry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Times is advertising investment opportunities on IHeartRadio.

IMO there is a market for investors, but like many things only the ones that get in early will cash in.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      High Times is advertising investment opportunities on IHeartRadio.

IMO there is a market for investors, but like many things only the ones that get in early will cash in.
      I heard their advertisement on a few local stations here also. That’s what I’m tryin to convince my wife the earlier the better.
      Last edited by Jcjohnson; 11-17-2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

I have had these same thoughts. I had some roll over IRA money that was sitting in a money market doing nothing. Most of what’s out there you can’t invest IRA money into. She called me a month ago saying “ constellation brands STZ” would work. I pulled the trigger so you all gurus let me know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by chief262 View Post
          The wife bought stock in a Canadian Company about a month ago and doubled her investment in a week.
          This is my play right here. Short term flips. I will go a month or so max. So far so good. Can't chance long term as government intervention is always around the corner.

Comment

Prices have already crashed. Way too much bud on the market right now and only more to come. Its even dropped the black market prices in Texas considerably. MJ stocks are dropping.

What you want to do is wait for our or a nearby state to legalize recreationally and put up your cash into a private equity start up. The initial boom of Texas going legal would make you a very rich man the first year or so. Then sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What about going to Colorado and doing what it takes to become a legal grower/seller and being one of the firat to open a shop when Texas legalizes?[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We can even get gambling legal in texas. It may be longer than you think before pot is legal here.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  We can even get gambling legal in texas. It may be longer than you think before pot is legal here.
                  Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    As far as pot stocks go it is still the “Wild, Wild West”. There are hundreds of them out there and they run the gamut from legit start-ups to 100% scam, “pump and dump” operations. The problem is it well nigh impossible to know one from the other. As of now few-to- none of them trade on exchanges like NYSE or the NASDAQ. That is important because to be listed there you have to meet some standard capital and financial reporting requirements. A ton of them trade in the pink sheets or “bulletin board” and there is no way to know if they are legit or not. You can get lucky and make money even on a scam if you catch it right I guess but caveat emptor.
                    My advisers are not a fan when I asked about it...like stated guessing too many unknowns right now. Didn't dig into it deep

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      What about going to Colorado and doing what it takes to become a legal grower/seller and being one of the firat to open a shop when Texas legalizes?[emoji848]

Why do you need to go to Colorado? Not to mention, that state has cut its throat imo, with everyone doing it. The bud has become so sub par, it's sad.
                      Texas has it's own set of requirements.
                      There are plenty of full scale operations, already built and waiting, especially in the Austin area. There are licenses for growing/retailing that have already been issued here in Texas.
                      We passed a medical marijuana bill already, it's steaming forward, with few guidelines or a well thought out plan.
                      CBDs are already clicking off the shelves to a tune of several 100 million a yr here in Texas & climbing.. There is a 10,000 square ft warehouse in Austin, that is growing legally, already.
                      Their license are $500k, and 300k+ renewal every few yrs. I'm sure when we go above the 5% figure in the Bill, that price will climb.
                      Basically, NOW is the time. I believe Texas will broaden the Bill this yr, and by the end of next yr, we will have full blown medical. I see recreational, as being several yrs out.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        My advisers are not a fan when I asked about it...like stated guessing too many unknowns right now. Didn't dig into it deep
                        Most full service brokerage firms won’t let their advisors buy marijuana-related stocks for their clients even if it is an unsolicited trade. Like you said, too many unknowns. That will change when some of these companies get established enough to get listed on NASDAQ

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Why do you need to go to Colorado? Not to mention, that state has cut its throat imo, with everyone doing it. The bud has become so sub par, it's sad.
                          Texas has it's own set of requirements.
                          There are plenty of full scale operations, already built and waiting, especially in the Austin area. There are licenses for growing/retailing that have already been issued here in Texas.
                          We passed a medical marijuana bill already, it's steaming forward, with few guidelines or a well thought out plan.
                          CBDs are already clicking off the shelves to a tune of several 100 million a yr here in Texas & climbing.. There is a 10,000 square ft warehouse in Austin, that is growing legally, already.
                          Their license are $500k, and 300k+ renewal every few yrs. I'm sure when we go above the 5% figure in the Bill, that price will climb.
                          Basically, NOW is the time. I believe Texas will broaden the Bill this yr, and by the end of next yr, we will have full blown medical. I see recreational, as being several yrs out.
                          Thats not real CBD oil. Thats hemp oil. Stores sell it and lie to you. I have done my research.

It is very difficult to get a prescription for CBD in Texas. Very.

Comment

I would invest retirement in it. But if you treat it like walking up to the craps table you will be fine. I have some play cash in it

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                              This is what scares me. I’d love to invest but the federal government could step in anytime. They haven’t yet which makes me optimistic. Say one did invest and they did step in, could you you face legal consequences?
                              Potentially. Just a matter of how the decide to enforce law, and who they enforce it on. Investors? Just the business? Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Thats not real CBD oil. Thats hemp oil. Stores sell it and lie to you. I have done my research.

It is very difficult to get a prescription for CBD in Texas. Very.

Its real. Its just not in the concentrations a prescription would allow. Get it from an out of state lab where there is oversight. I wouldn’t buy any CBD oil from Texas. Plus just CBD oil leaves out all the other cannabinoids and there medical benefits. But yeah if you are ordering gummies online or out of a TX storefront you are probably not getting anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X