Ski Colorado question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski Colorado question

My son and two of his friends in college have decided to go skiing for Spring Break. They will be leaving from Dallas. Of course for college kids skiing is not the only reason they go. I am helping them look for something that might fit their style with a little night life. Breckenridge looks like a possibility. They will be on a college budget of course. I trust the GS to give me great guidance on this one. Any suggestions, thanks.

Search for the skiing on SB thread and you will get alot of answers. Breck and the entire Summit county area is great.

Comment

Purgatory has got slammed with snow over the past few days. Should make for a good time.

Comment

Decent snow this year. Breck has more street activities vs the other resorts although Keystone is developing the resort area. College kids probably will like that better than Keystone area although they are only 20 minutes apart. Lots of people there so it should fit their objectives.

They may want to check on Liftopia now to see what discounts they can get on tickets. Like the airlines, there are a certain amount of tickets they sell at reduced prices so sooner is better.

Comment

Breck is very nice. Skiied there many times. The down side of Breck is the base is at around 9200' and the top is over 12,000'. A case of altitude sickness that we flatlanders frequently experience really puts a damper on the party. Might consider something with a little less altitude.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
            Breck is very nice. Skiied there many times. The down side of Breck is the base is at around 9200' and the top is over 12,000'. A case of altitude sickness that we flatlanders frequently experience really puts a damper on the party. Might consider something with a little less altitude.
            No, that's a good thing.

If they go to Summit County make sure they look into Arapaho Basin. It is well known for "the beach". An all day parking lot party in the spring. A Basin.
            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-28-2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

What’s the easiest place to get to from the airport ? IE how can we get to skiing without renting a vehicle - IE also trying to plan a couole day trip on a budget.

Comment

This!

Your festival guide to The MusicFest Steamboat 2022 with dates, tickets, lineup info, photos, news, and more.

Comment

This was going to be my suggestion or Crested Butte

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                    What’s the easiest place to get to from the airport ? IE how can we get to skiing without renting a vehicle - IE also trying to plan a couole day trip on a budget.
                    The short answer is, you can’t. The Denver airport is a good 20 miles EAST of Denver. When you exit the airport and look around, your 1st thought will be “That John Denver was full of $chit!”

The long answer is you can take Summit Express from the airport to almost any ski resort. Summit county is the closest great skiing and you can get to anything from Vail/Beaver Creek and all points in between.

You said on a budget so the next isn’t really an option, but you can fly into Eagle Regional airport as well

Comment

telluride

youre welcome

Comment

Winter park and they can ride the train. Winter Park Express. Big party town and the last day is quite the shindig in the parking lot.

Comment

Vail or Beaver Creek ..........but it aint what I would call college budget friendly but the girls that geaux there have lot's of cash!!! They can thank me later!

Comment

Crested Butte or Steamboat for value. I love Telluride but that trip cost me double what CB did. We’re going back to CB the last week of January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out the lineup! Awesome!

But Vanilla Ice? Was the booker drunk?

Comment

Working...
                              X