Atv winch for winch up feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atv winch for winch up feeder

Anyone ever use an atv winch on a winch up feeder instead of a hand crank one?

You can get them that you can run off a dewalt drill. Far more efficient when an atv winch and wiring harness with solenoids, switches and a $100 battery

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Guy I bought my Ranger from did it. He ended up putting a couple 12v trolling motor style plugs on the Ranger and made a pig tail to go from the Ranger to the winch. He loved it, may have to replicate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kestanley2006 View Post
          Guy I bought my Ranger from did it. He ended up putting a couple 12v trolling motor style plugs on the Ranger and made a pig tail to go from the Ranger to the winch. He loved it, may have to replicate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          That’s kinda what I was thinking, mount it up where my hand crank is and when it’s time to refill just pull up the ranger plug it into 12 volt leads and go from there

Comment

My father in law and his crew did it in Mexico. They put cheaper harbor freight winches and had a pigtail in their samurai

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use my pioneer to pull mine up and down.
              I hang them 25 to 30 feet up in big oak trees on cable through a pulley.
              Very easy setup.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have existing wing ups and was thinking of adding double pulleys and a worm drive instead of the regular winch, or I thought of the cheaper atv winch

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  I added a pulley to the barrel side and life is great. Even a 55 gallon barrel feeder gets heavy with the regular 4:1 hand winch. Try that with an 85 gallon feeder barrel! I added legs that extend below the coon cage and now simply let the barrel free wheel down to the ground slowly. It’s much easier raising it with the Mechanical advantage of the 2nd pulley. I have thought of switching over to a worm gear driven pulley like shown, and using a cheap cordless drill or the included hand crank.
                  Last edited by Wampuscat; 01-23-2022, 06:43 PM.

Comment

We went solely to stand and fill. Not near as dangerous or problematic.

Comment

Working...
                    X