Pulling pipe posts ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
    Not sure if you are using the front end loader or 3pt. You may have better luck using the 3pt.

Honestly did not think about that. I may try it in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't read all of the posts but a rim and chain if no concrete is involved

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
        Moving pens. I have to pull these and then re drive them where the new pens will be.

Thanks. The existing pens on my new tract are not located where I need them either.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          The rim method works great, not with a tire on it though. A larger rim off of a Backhoe or big tractor will work perfect, half/hitch a chain to very bottom of post, 4x4 in low & tug.

I had good luck that way gettin half hitch right hardest part...bigger the rim the better it works

Comment

Try hiring a base a few times with a sledgehammer works out of the ground. Hitting the pipe not the concrete. harmonics make the concrete crack really easy. Worth a shot and leave the concrete in the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
              The rim method works great, not with a tire on it though. A larger rim off of a Backhoe or big tractor will work perfect, half/hitch a chain to very bottom of post, 4x4 in low & tug.

This, we pulled many with just a regular rim.

Comment

I used a floor jack, and a chain.
                It ain't fast, but it will bring 'em up..

Comment

Wrap a chain around them and bull back and forth a little while pulling up with tractor should come out. Put a mower or something on back of tractor to help. Never seen one yet that wouldn’t come up. Especially with 80hp tractor. But y’all’s ground is harder

Comment

I’m assuming you’ve got a loader. Fill it up with dirt for weight if you need it and use the three point hitch to pick straight up. If that won’t do it, get to diggin.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
                      Try hitting the base a few times with a sledgehammer.
                      It Works out of the ground. Hitting the pipe not the concrete. harmonics make the concrete crack really easy. Worth a shot and leave the concrete in the ground.
                      fixed it for ya. Done this many times, but never when the post was in the ground. It might work.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Looks like a good way to get whacked up side the head if the chain snaps
                        I assume the OP is smarter than the dillweed making the video and use a longer chain. And certainly smart enough to stand away from a piece of drill pipe with force being applied to it

Comment

You may try again when the grounds wet.

Comment

Wait for a good rainy week. Lots of things get easier after a rain.

Comment

I would suggest using the 3pt also.

Comment

You may not have this option available, but I pulled mine out with a backhoe. The outriggers keep me from lifting the front end, and I can pull them straight up.

Comment

Working...
                                X