Simple english explanation of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
    Stage 4 means that it has spread from the original location. Usually a term used to mean that it is "late stage" cancer. Some people do better than others. Depends on which organs are affected.
    This is how we are familiar with Stage 4.
    Tina's breast cancer metastasized to her lungs.
    Oncologist acted like it wasn't anything to be alarmed about and we could treat it.

What ever you do, don't start Googleing for information. You will be scared out of your mind. It may be hard to do, but you need to hear what his doctor has to say. Possibly get your dad to put you on speaker phone while he's at an appointment.

Cancer sucks.

Many prayers going up for your dad and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      It's been a rough few hours.
      I'm ready to abandon Texas and go home to Iowa.

Dad's GF says the Dr's are guessing 1-2 years with Chemo.

Spoke with Boss today. He flat out said you have a job here. Want time off take it, we'll work it out you'll have a job here.

Just had a thought. Few months ago they life flighted him to Sioux City. Had Kidney stones, blocked the duct. Wonder if the saw the mass on the left kidney? If not it's grown to 7cm in a few months. That seems fast to me
      Just a little advice you didn't ask for, don't dwell on this. My aunt had breast cancer, and had a similar situation. She dwelled on it for the longest time rather than focused on fighting the cancer, and it nearly cost her her life.

Prayers up for you and your family.
      Last edited by WItoTX; 01-11-2022, 07:49 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Prayers up for you and your dad

Comment

Copied this Text I sent out from our group text:

I called Dad this am to see what they found out in Omaha.

The Tumor on the Kidney is inoperable. It's involved in/with other organs and such.
          The scans indicate there's Cancer in other areas of his body. 1 location is a lung.
          The Dr's believe its an agressive cancer.

Dad asked the Dr how much time does he have left.
          They are thinking without any intervention 4-6 months. With Chemo maybe 1-2 years possibly. That's dependant on how well the Cancer reacts to the Chemo.

They Drs also talked about putting a port in for the Chemo. I'm not sure if that will be done or discussed in Omaha on Monday. The Drs also need/want a Biopsy. I THINK that is what the appointment is for in Omaha on Monday @ 7:30

I asked about doing a batroom remodel on the main floor to put in a shower. Dad said it's not needed right now. If that changes he'll let us know.

I also asked if he wanted or needed me to come home for a while. He said let's wait and see what Monday brings.

My heart is heavy as I'm sure yours is too. Don't forget that we get to serve a Loving God. [emoji445]There will be peace in the valley[emoji445] There's 2 sides to a valley a down and an up. On top of those are mountains. Let's continue to look up above the mountains at Him. He will lead us through this.

In closing we ARE Ruschmann's. We ARE SURVIVOR and will navigate this bump in the road and the bump after that than the one after that and on and on and on.

I Love You All.
          Pleae call or text me/us with any needs or wants.

I was going to close this with a verse of scripture. The way it came to mind was the prayer's of the righteous availith much. I did a quick search. It's found here 1 Peter 3:8-12 NKJV.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            Copied this Text I sent out from our group text:

I called Dad this am to see what they found out in Omaha.

The Tumor on the Kidney is inoperable. It's involved in/with other organs and such.
            The scans indicate there's Cancer in other areas of his body. 1 location is a lung.
            The Dr's believe its an agressive cancer.

Dad asked the Dr how much time does he have left.
            They are thinking without any intervention 4-6 months. With Chemo maybe 1-2 years possibly. That's dependant on how well the Cancer reacts to the Chemo.

They Drs also talked about putting a port in for the Chemo. I'm not sure if that will be done or discussed in Omaha on Monday. The Drs also need/want a Biopsy. I THINK that is what the appointment is for in Omaha on Monday @ 7:30

I asked about doing a batroom remodel on the main floor to put in a shower. Dad said it's not needed right now. If that changes he'll let us know.

I also asked if he wanted or needed me to come home for a while. He said let's wait and see what Monday brings.

My heart is heavy as I'm sure yours is too. Don't forget that we get to serve a Loving God. [emoji445]There will be peace in the valley[emoji445] There's 2 sides to a valley a down and an up. On top of those are mountains. Let's continue to look up above the mountains at Him. He will lead us through this.

In closing we ARE Ruschmann's. We ARE SURVIVOR and will navigate this bump in the road and the bump after that than the one after that and on and on and on.

I Love You All.
            Pleae call or text me/us with any needs or wants.

I was going to close this with a verse of scripture. The way it came to mind was the prayer's of the righteous availith much. I did a quick search. It's found here 1 Peter 3:8-12 NKJV.

From someone that no longer has his dad. Go. He may say wait but we men are hardheaded and want to act tough. He wants you there he just wont say it. Go.

Comment

Cancer Sucks. Lost my Pops to lung cancer. Found it stage 4 in October. Did one round of Chemo and lost him in December.

Everyone is different. Every cancer is different.

If you feel you should go. Then GO.

So what if he lives another 2-3 years.

Please do not take this the wrong way.. But you see the hour glass time now. Make use of it the best you can. Trust me you can not add to it once its gone.

Lord knows I wish I could
              Winman 1936-2018

Comment

Prayers sent. Cancer sucks.

Comment

Prayers sent for your dad Kyle. Go spend time with him.

Comment

Continued prayers for you and your dad. Like others have said, start now making the most of your time together. Don't wait. I miss my dad and wish I had made better use of our last year.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am sorry to learn of your dad’s cancer, Kyle, and pray for his healing and cure.

Did you see this thread? https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=813317

I strongly urge you to check it out and consider whether your dad could benefit from Joe Tippens’ cancer fighting protocol. Joe was given 3 months to live and figured that he had nothing to lose by trying Fenbendazole. He is still living after 5 years and is cancer FREE.
                      Contact me if I can answer any questions.

Comment

Kyle if your dad has kidney cancer that has spread you need to get him a second opinion. There are many better treatments than chemo for renal cell carcinoma (small cell), if that's what he has, even if it has spread.
                        Immunotherapy (Opdivo/Yervoy) works in 42% of patients. If that doesn't work next step is targeted therapy (Lenvantinib). If that doesn't work then Burnadell's suggestion of Fenbendazole. Might even start that now. It's worked for thousands.
                        I know all this because I have stage 4 kidney cancer and have one of the leading oncologists in the country. Pm me if you want.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers and pm sent

Comment

i lost multiple family members to cancer. I'm praying for your dad and your family. Cancer most def sucks. Pray, then pray some more.

Comment

Prayers for you and your father

Comment

Working...
                                X