No announcement yet.

Tacovas Anderson bean or…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get a new pair of 200 dollar or so Ariats each year. I don’t feel bad when I get a whole year from them and then wear them at the ranch come bow season. By November I can leave them at the ranch and if illegals take um I’m not ****** about it. I like the ones with the vented top.

Comment

Where do you get the AB's. I've had the Ariat's with good luck for many years and some of the other brands. Could never decide about the Tacova's and sounds like I'm glad I waited.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
        Where do you get the AB's. I've had the Ariat's with good luck for many years and some of the other brands. Could never decide about the Tacova's and sounds like I'm glad I waited.

NRS has a good selection of ABs. I have there Buffalo hide with a crepe sole in square toe…they are awesome but around 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Double H (made in USA, not China)

Ariat went downhill years ago. Now they’re the official boot of Bro-country. Nothing says “western” like boots made by a nine year old Chinese girl working 16 hours a day. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            My impression of them too. Kinda like spruced up Dingos from the 70s. Hipster city boy urban cowboy boots.

No offense to you guys that wear them. Just my impression of the boots.
            Agreed. I’ve got almost 10 years out of my Lucchese’s (not daily boots, but 1-2 times per week), Anderson Beans are good, Double H makes a really good boot, and I have some Justin’s as well. I won’t buy a pair of Tecovas boots if they incentivized me to.

Just bought a pair of Smokey Mountain boots the other day…really impressed so far. Their insert reminds me of the pillow cushion that Double H used to have in theirs. Very comfortable so far…now it’s just a matter of time to see if the durability holds up.

Comment

I bought a pair of full quill ostrich boots for $100 the other day from an Instagram ad for Alfa Western Wear in Laredo. I figured it was worth $100 to find out if they were decent. They actually are pretty dang nice. I don't know if they are a legit business, or if these are priced so low because they're laundering cartel money or something. But the boots are great for $100. Some of their boots are even less than that. Several kinds of leather in different styles and colors. I have a pair of ostrich Anderson Beans too. These Mexico boots aren't quite as well made as the ABs, but for a $400 price difference I'm very happy.

Comment

I have two pair of Tecovas and honestly i will not buy another pair and it will take me 15 years to wear these out becuase i will not wear them often. What i need in a pair of boots is something i can wear for 12 hours and these are not it.

American made double H boots served me well in the past but ive been without a pair for a couple of years now. I would like to try a pair of Anderson Beans one day.

My daily boots are Dan Post and Ariats. I try to get away from Ariats but they fit me well and like their round toe offerings.

I would like to try a pair of

Comment

Double H fan here.

Comment

I wear one of three pair of Tecovas every day. Love them. Nice and comfy

Comment

I have several pair of ABs and they are great. Bought a pair of Finoglio boots for me and the wife, and they are really comfortable.

Comment

Olathe Boots

Olathe Boot Company has crafted hand-made, affordable, quality boots since 1875.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          What does the boot crowd think of RWatson Boots?
                          Never had a pair myself but a coworker bought some and they fell apart within a couple weeks. None of us ever bought any after that.

My favorites are Twisted X for work boots and Anderson Bean for regular boots.

Comment

Originally posted by bignick612 View Post
                            Never had a pair myself but a coworker bought some and they fell apart within a couple weeks. None of us ever bought any after that.

My favorites are Twisted X for work boots and Anderson Bean for regular boots.
                            Lol! Wow. Good to know. I don’t like the guy anyways.

Comment

I wear one pair of boots at a time till they are wore out. Usually 12 plus hours a day regardless if I am in a meeting, working, feeding cows, going out to dinner or bumming around. I have had one or two pairs of Double H that made it a year. I am now on the eleventh month in a pair of Becks out of Amarillo and they barely show wear on the soul or the top....

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                My impression of them too. Kinda like spruced up Dingos from the 70s. Hipster city boy urban cowboy boots.

No offense to you guys that wear them. Just my impression of the boots.

If you’re going for that wide leg starched Cinch jeans that are 12 inches too long with some square toes look then Tecovas probably aren’t the boot you’re looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X