Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Craftsman 3000 psi pressure washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craftsman 3000 psi pressure washer

Bought it at lowes
    It’s a POS
    Won’t start no matter how much I drink
    Called customer support. Longview is closest warranty work
    Should have have bought Honda engine over Briggs
    Rant over

I put mine out for the trash man and got an electric one from green works. Best decision I’ve made in a while. Nothing tics me off more than pulling on a rope for an hour.

Comment

Not trying to doubt anyones knowledge, but I have been there myself. If you turn on the water first, you need to pull the trigger on the wand to release the water pressure before pulling the pull rope. It would never start with water pressure on it.

Comment

If you're w/in the return period TSC has this Simpson with Honda engine on clearance for $299 and free shipping. I ordered one earlier today.

Comment

Can of starting fluid (ether) stays within arms reach of my pressure washer. Only engine I have the it is an absolute requirement to get it to start the first time.

Comment

I have tons of small engines and keeping carb/jets clean is critical, rarely any other issue. Once clean they all start on first pull. Either clean carb, replace carb, or buy a brand new one. I start mine at least monthly and generally run dry when done.

To repeat earlier comment, the three pressure washers i have require squeezing hand wand to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
              I have tons of small engines and keeping carb/jets clean is critical, rarely any other issue. Once clean they all start on first pull. Either clean carb, replace carb, or buy a brand new one. I start mine at least monthly and generally run dry when done.

To repeat earlier comment, the three pressure washers i have require squeezing hand wand to start.
              Nobody knows how to clean a carb jet anymore. Drop the bowl, unscrew the jet, clean it, re-install. 5 minutes and you're up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                If you're w/in the return period TSC has this Simpson with Honda engine on clearance for $299 and free shipping. I ordered one earlier today.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...wered-by-honda

I had a craftsman for a lot of years before it started acting up. Never put anything in the pump or actually took care of it. Hated that it finally quit.

Bought one of the TSC Simpson ones. Only thing I don’t like about it is how low the handle is.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Briggs. I do have a generator with one that starts first pull every time unless it has sat for months. I also bought a tiller many moons ago that used a quart of oil every time that I ran it for twenty minutes. Soured me on them. I threw that motor away and put on a little GS5 or something Honda. It has been a peach.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                    I had a craftsman for a lot of years before it started acting up. Never put anything in the pump or actually took care of it. Hated that it finally quit.

Bought one of the TSC Simpson ones. Only thing I don’t like about it is how low the handle is.
                    Aside from the handle is it a decent PW? I've been running an electric one for the last few years and while it's super convenient, the PSI is just too lacking. One of the few good things about living in the Midwest is we have non-ethanol fuel available at almost every gas station which makes caring for small engines a heck of a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                      Won’t start no matter how much I drink
                      [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a DeWalt and for years work without any issue. now if it's on level ground it will not start, I have to prop up one side a few inches and it runs no problem. It's just weird.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                          Aside from the handle is it a decent PW? I've been running an electric one for the last few years and while it's super convenient, the PSI is just too lacking. One of the few good things about living in the Midwest is we have non-ethanol fuel available at almost every gas station which makes caring for small engines a heck of a lot easier.

Yeah I like it. I haven’t had any type of issues with it. I got it at the beginning of this year. Used it quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                          X