Halogen To LED ‘16 Suburban which Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halogen To LED ‘16 Suburban which Bulbs

I have a 2016 Suburban and the lights weren’t very good from new but are really bad now! I want to replace highs, lows, day time running lights. I’ve been researching but my eyes are crossing with so many to choose from. I want quality replacements that will not throw a code! Any ideas?

If you replace the halogen bulbs with LED bulbs, you stand the possibility of melting down the light fixtures... Had a buddy this happened to... You might research that too. You can buy aftermarket replacement fixtures both conventional and ones designed for the LED bulbs... I replace mine on an '06 Chebby Z71. The new fixtures and new conventional bulbs were a VAST improvement over my old lights too... The clear lenses on the new fixtures allowed the standard bulbs to do their work much better.

Comment

I just switched to a Beamtech I got from amazon on our Mule Pro and they are amazing. Its the same type of bulb that goes in your truck and it doesn't have any external fan or relay. They are crazy bright.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        If you replace the halogen bulbs with LED bulbs, you stand the possibility of melting down the light fixtures... Had a buddy this happened to... You might research that too. You can buy aftermarket replacement fixtures both conventional and ones designed for the LED bulbs... I replace mine on an '06 Chebby Z71. The new fixtures and new conventional bulbs were a VAST improvement over my old lights too... The clear lenses on the new fixtures allowed the standard bulbs to do their work much better.
        I was trying to work around that $1000 price tag

May have to do it anyway.

Comment

You’re going to like the switch to led ,
          Fahren 9005/HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 10000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6500K Cool White IP68 Waterproof,

Comment

I went with the NOVSight LED in my boys 2012 Taco. Really bright. Supposed to say cool via the design. Look like cooling fins.

Comment

Comment

I’d just put Sylvania silver stars in them, and be done with it.

It’s nice when people coming toward you can see also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Torchbeams 16,000 Lumens in my 2006 f250 work truck

I can see coons in the trees at 200yds

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                    I was trying to work around that $1000 price tag

May have to do it anyway.
                    I bought new aftermarket headlight and park light assys. for my 06 Chebby off Amazon for like $67.00... They're not LED, but the improvement just having clear fixtures and good halogen bulbs was amazing! Felt like I had LED's!!

Comment

Here you go... quite a few choices in the $200. range...
                      https://www.amazon.com/s?k=2006+chev..._ts-doa-p_1_39

Just change the search vehicle to yours...

Comment

Here you go... quite a few choices in the $200. range...
                        https://www.amazon.com/s?k=2006+chev..._ts-doa-p_1_39

Just change the search vehicle to yours...
                        I did and only 1 fixture compared to yours
                        Last edited by Bucknaked; 12-16-2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Just put Auxito in my 20 F250 and wow.. what a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                            Just put Auxito in my 20 F250 and wow.. what a difference.
                            I was looking at these Hard but I couldn’t get them on the phone for lows and highs!

Comment

I bought new aftermarket headlight and park light assys. for my 06 Chebby off Amazon for like $67.00... They're not LED, but the improvement just having clear fixtures and good halogen bulbs was amazing! Felt like I had LED's!!
                              Our Lenses are in excellent condition

Comment

Working...
                              X