Done with mechanical broadhead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    Not sure how long you have bowhunted, but I can guarantee that there is no way you can 100% tell EXACTLY where that arrow hit. You have no idea where it hit or if the head deployed. No animal no BH, no way to say with 100% accuracy.

Like Smart said, always the broadhead's fault when an animal is lost! Yea Right!
    Sorry you lost the pig, that sometimes is the results of shooting with the stick and string.

this ^. the shot happens awful fast and no way to know exactly.
    I would bet a high shoulder hit maybe into the shoulder blade or close arrow might have even bounced down to look like a low shot.
    i had one buck that i shot at and it looked like a perfect hit low heart shot i backed out and when i got got back after letting so time pass there is my arrow sticking in the ground with no blood on it it just passed a fraction low but looked perfect
    and remember pigs are super tough animals with a lot of bone and thick skin on the shoulders and crazy stuff can happen

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	24633509
      Shoot them here next time. Hypo with light arrow. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If a mechanical didn't deploy it was either a bottom basement economy brand or the one that got shot into the foam target a dozen times then stuck in the quiver.
        Dull broadheads make for poor bloodtrails and lost animals.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

once you lose confidence in part of your equipment it is time to move on.

I prefer CoC heads but still carry a mechanical in the quiver for hogs or critters. When all of the mechanicals have been shot up and dulled I might buy more.

My favorite mechanical was the Grim Reaper Hog Head. They sold them on their site for ~$20/3 and they threw them together with left over parts from other heads they sell.
          I have shot many different mechanicals with good results. My biggest deer to date I credit recovering with a mechanical. Shot was a little back but cutting diameter did a number on the back of lungs and liver.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlersBoy View Post
            [ATTACH]1023310[/ATTACH]
            Shoot them here next time. Hypo with light arrow. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I shot a 100 lb hog at 20 yards in the head lastweek .. arrow exited the ham and went another 5 yards..

I've had good and bad results with all kinds of heads.. I've bent stingers and just plain made bad shots with mechanical heads.. it's gonna happen.. it does suck to lose your arrow. I lost 2 last week shooting pigs .. but it was because the arrow passed through and I couldn't find them.. I was shooting up hill on both shots..

Comment

Personally I don't care what he shoots.
              What I don't like is the people bashing mechanical heads as no good when hundreds and thousands of animals are killed with them every year.
              What makes you so much smarter and better than the 99,999 other people who are successful with them.
              BTW I shoot both mechanical and fixed CoC heads.
              Move along.

Comment

Originally posted by the marshall View Post
                trypan is the bomb. Do not buy the Chinese knock offs. Make sure the collar is on correctly. Lethal

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Personally I don't care what he shoots.
                  What I don't like is the people bashing mechanical heads as no good when hundreds and thousands of animals are killed with them every year.
                  What makes you so much smarter and better than the 99,999 other people who are successful with them.
                  BTW I shoot both mechanical and fixed CoC heads.
                  Move along.

Why can't you handle an opinion that doesn't line up with yours? Mechanicals suck btw

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                    Why can't you handle an opinion that doesn't line up with yours? Mechanicals suck btw
                    The difference is what he stated and what you just stated are opinions. What I stated is fact.
                    Thousands killed around the world every year with mechanical heads. Even Rage.

Comment

You can always find the guys who can't shoot by looking at these threads. The guys who bash mechanicals are the same ones who keep the dog people busy!... … Now that I got the fire good and stoked I'll sit back and watch the madness! (THIS IS A JOKE)

Comment

I’m betting that most that have sworn off mechanicals are using a fall-away rest. It’s gotta come up and drop properly to make accurate shots. Kinda like the blades have to open on a mechanical head to cut big cuts. I’m also betting that if I looked at the launchers on your fall-away rest, I could find some vane residue where you are getting contact.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          The difference is what he stated and what you just stated are opinions. What I stated is fact.
                          Thousands killed around the world every year with mechanical heads. Even Rage.

I'll bite, how do you know its a fact?

Who reports and records that many expandable kills are made?

and FTR I shoot both. But only fixed at deers

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            So you are suggesting a fieldpoint penetrates better than a broadhead, fixed or deployed mechanical, alike in a non torn up solid target?
                            No just the opposite. Some on here suggest that a field point WILL penetrate farther than a b h. I'm saying it won't. I've tried it. That's why I feel like my arrow did not penetrate far due to not deploying the cutting edge. Whether it hit rib, fat, etc it would penetrate more IF the blades were open and cutting.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                              I’m betting that most that have sworn off mechanicals are using a fall-away rest. It’s gotta come up and drop properly to make accurate shots. Kinda like the blades have to open on a mechanical head to cut big cuts. I’m also betting that if I looked at the launchers on your fall-away rest, I could find some vane residue where you are getting contact.
                              I am betting that most folks tune their bows and rests before the shoot any heads. And i'll take that bet regarding my launcher. How much we talking?

Comment

I guess I’m a little different. Hogs get a cheap bullet in them and deer will get an arrow thru them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X