No announcement yet.

Any square body guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first truck was a 79 SWB 2WD, metallic green with cragars, i kept it till i was about 28 and eventually ended up having a LS1 swapped into it. the swap was done in a buddies garage and never really worked out, always had issues so i parted it out and sold it. like everyone else, i regret the heck out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      I did own a 1986 Chevy PU with a massive 305 v8 and it came stock with a 4 spd granny trans.
      My first NEW truck was an '85 SWB 1/2 ton Silverado with that same 305. Beautiful truck, terrible engine; same fuel mileage as a 350 with half the guts. I sold it in '87 & bought a perfect black/black '86 LWB 3/4 ton with 20K miles and a 350. Loved that truck!

Comment

Just had to use a Sawzall to cut the old gas tank straps out and put new tank in. They are very prone to rusting out in these yr models

Also did a carb swap and new mech fuel pump and lines, she purrs now-
        A true rare 3/4 ton single can long bed stepside
        Attached Files

Comment

TexZ71 does she look familiar.....

She is rust free now, straight and shiny with a factory color paint job. Brand new tires, went with a 35 so as to prevent any rubbing on the new paint. Now she is getting a new motor and will more than likely be up for sale after that. Son wants a more realistic ride for college....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
              We have a ‘76 camper special at the lease that we ride hard every weekend. She’s a trooper. Camo gets my vote.
              I have the exact same truck. Those camper specials are harder to find than other models. Mine is green and white. Hoping to do a restore on it in the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by jp77 View Post
                TexZ71 does she look familiar.....

She is rust free now, straight and shiny with a factory color paint job. Brand new tires, went with a 35 so as to prevent any rubbing on the new paint. Now she is getting a new motor and will more than likely be up for sale after that. Son wants a more realistic ride for college....

Oh Yeah, beautiful truck!
                Let me know when you decide to sell it, but I think your son should take it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                  I need to finish mine
                  Geez

Finish it ?!
                  I always thought that was just a truck shaped workbench in your garage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                    Finish it ?!

Storage device

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                      Finish it ?!

It's just fer leanin on an drinkin beer.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                        I’m considering looking into an early 80s square body, but was curious if there is something outside the normal i should be looking for or keep an eye out for? Any suggestions are appreciated..
                        Also what’s yalls color scheme? I like the red An white, but i remember A brown and camo one posted on here that looked amazing but can’t seem to find it.

Well did you ever get a truck? Im in the market looking for one now. They sure are pricey and hard to find a running fixer upper for a fare price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Any square body guys?

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                          Well did you ever get a truck? Im in the market looking for one now. They sure are pricey and hard to find a running fixer upper for a fare price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I started a very lengthy/pricey custody battle shortly after this thread, but today i have two happy kiddos so it was a solid trade lol... one day [emoji1360]

Comment

Any square body guys?

I’ve got a 79 that I’m thinking of painting white or blue / white if I don’t sell it.

Last edited by TA_Fab; 06-19-2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

One of the twins has this one, it’s in the shop now trying to find a motor part. Looking for a 350 if you know of one.
                              I love the sq body trucks, wish I still had the ones I sold

Comment

This is my dumplin

Comment

Working...
                                X