Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket Tips

Got her ready to go!

Any final tips... I’ve done a few but am always looking to learn folks tips and tricks. Going to run this one on the pellet grill at 275 with a smoke tube. Wrap at 265 with some sauce mixture. Pull at 207-210

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

207-210 might be on the high side. 203ish seems to be the best for me. When it probes tender you are good to go. I always unwrap it and let it cool off some before I put it up to rest. If you don’t it keeps cooking and gets over done or pot roastish. Good luck and post up some pics.

Comment

Mine usually stall around 160. I wrap and then through in the cooler around 203 to 205.

Comment

A few tips I will toss out there if you are running a pellet grill.
        What time do you have to feed everyone? Work backwards from there on your start time.
        If I have time, I will inject beef broth 1-2 hours pre cook.
        I stick with 225 on my temp, it's too easy to maintain with a pellet to not go low and slow.
        I have a Rec Tec, never used a smoke tube, never had a need.
        At 165, I move it to a foil pan and lightly douse with a can of beef broth or consomme, cover tightly and continue cooking to 203.
        I use a bamboo skewer to probe and so far, it has always been tender at 203.
        I remove, wrap in foil, then wrap in a quilted pillow sham for an hour. We don't use the pillow shams so why not? lol. It works perfect. If I am travelling or delivering, I will put it in a small cooler.

Comment

I've tried several ways & my go-to is season with sea salt & large crusted black pepper, set smoker to 250, start probing around 195(never had one probe like butter before hitting 203 but start early just to be safe). No wrap & no sauce.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

What times are y’all seeing to get to 203? Wrapped or unwrapped? Thanks for all the tips

Comment

Did that one on my pellet grill last weekend. It was smoked to an internal temp of 150°, wrapped and finished to 203°.

No complaints, all compliments. I spritzed it every 45 or so minutes while smoking with apple cider vinegar to help the bark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                What times are y’all seeing to get to 203? Wrapped or unwrapped? Thanks for all the tips
                Honestly, I have never really looked at time but I allow for 75 minutes per pound for completion. I usually will wrap at 6 hours on the smoke, it's close to 165, might be 160 if it's a big brisket.

Regarding time, every brisket is different I have found on arrival time

Comment

I smoked a 13lb brisket on my pellet smoker for the first time last weekend. Set at 250 degrees and I was at 165 degrees in 4 hours. I pulled and wrapped then put it back on and it was off the pit at 203 degrees an hour later. Its was tender and the smoke was good. Still learning the grill but next time ill run it at 225 for a little slower cook. Took a total of 5 hours start to finish.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

275 is too high IMO. That’s why you are having to use a smoke tube. Turn it down to 225. Also if you like bark it will be gone my introducing moisture especially if wrapping in foil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

All good tips. Franklin uses butcher paper for the wrap. Best of both worlds. Speeds up the cook while letting some moisture escape to preserve the bark.

I cook to 203. Move to a cooler and let sit for at least an hour (preferably two hours). Haven’t had a bad brisket yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep it coming!! Going to make for a much better cook tomorrow

Comment

Brisket Tips

What’s a pellet grill? Something for guys that can’t cook on a pit?

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                            What’s a pellet grill? Something for guys that can’t cook on a pit?

Lol I knew this would turn up at some point.

Comment

Working...
                            X