No announcement yet.

Best Private Fishing Lake/Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might think about renting a bass boat as well. That you can take as much time as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by bigharge View Post
      Yeah that would help, we live in Midland but ill travel 5 or 6 hrs if needed. Pretty much have to to find water to fish in, we have already emptied the stocked trout pond in town lol. Those sand bass are fun, we have been blessed to have some fun times on the lake catching those just last year. Hes really been wanting to do a black bass fishing trip where he can use all his assorted tackle, sometimes i think he enjoys switching lures more than fishing

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
      My coworker went to Lake Buchanan with this guide last month. He put them on fish for 4 straight hours. I am seriously thinking of booking with him as well as we also live In Midland.

Comment

This place is per nice and has an affordable day rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite0429 View Post
          if you were closer to Louisiana, I would highly recommend Grosse Savanne lodge in Lake Charles. 5 star lodging and meals, world class bass fishing!
          I have been once and it was a blast! We easily caught 50+bass and a lot of 2-3 lbrs with 2 about 6. It is a little $$ for freshwater but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
            I have been once and it was a blast! We easily caught 50+bass and a lot of 2-3 lbrs with 2 about 6. It is a little $$ for freshwater but worth it.
            I went several years ago for a half day trip that ran $450 for two people. They have since increased the rate to $600. I will not be going back, but like you mentioned it was definitely a blast!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

You 2 could fish at Gary Yamamoto's place in Palestine for $140 a day for the both of you. Fish from the bank or rent a boat for $125 and stay at the house for $150 a night. Can fish there without staying as well. That would be pretty affordable!

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                My coworker went to Lake Buchanan with this guide last month. He put them on fish for 4 straight hours. I am seriously thinking of booking with him as well as we also live In Midland.

http://www.trophystripers.com/rates-for-2018/
                Fermin is a good guide. If you would like other guide recommendations PM. They get booked up pretty quick and Fermin may already be booked.

Comment

Quantum Lakes,

Comment

The Big Easy in Columbus Texas.
                    Bass
                    Redfish
                    Rainbow Trout

Comment

Originally posted by bigharge View Post
                      Was wanting to setup a day of fishing for my son for his 11th birthday next month and wanted to see if anyone on here had a recommendation or some experience to pass along on where to possibly call. I know a lot of these big high fence ranches have stocked bass lakes that you can fish at. Ive looked a few places up online and they all look great just looking for someone with first hand experience. Trying to keep the cost reasonable so nothing too outrageous.

Thanks

Do you have a boat?

Comment

No, have a couple kayaks if needed or some old school float tubes

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                          The Flat Top Ranch in Glen Rose has several big private lakes you can fish.
                          This time of year it's un-real.My buddy goes down there once a week.He caught an 11lb'r the other day.Good bank fishing.A few docks,and if you have a 2 man boat you can use it.I think it's $300 a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                          whose your buddy?

Comment

J bar J ranch does not promote or sell fishing trips, buts the fishing in their stock tanks is awesome, and the accommodations are great!

Comment

you could check out lake allen henry I fished a few time when I was at Texas Tech and had some success, not sure of guides/lodging though we just took a buddies boat out for the day.

Shouldn't be to far from midland.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                Fermin is a good guide. If you would like other guide recommendations PM. They get booked up pretty quick and Fermin may already be booked.
                                I hear a guide named Brandon A is pretty bueno. I will send u a PM this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X